All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Blood pregnancy test

Why would my doctor need to see me to give me the results of my blood pregnancy test? In your opinion what does that mean. They refused to give me any answers over the phone and won't post it in the patient portal.
Poster
  • Female | 27 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Could they have done an HIV at the same time? That' s a possible reason that they would not release the info. Some offices might not want to release a pregnancy test result to the portal for fear of your reaction ...they want to be able to congratulate you or console you depending on your results and your expectation...but that should be outlined in their privacy policy...
Rather than trying to guess the reasons, it makes sense to see your physician to discuss the results of the test. This is protected information and bound by HIPAA laws. As to why they wouldn't post it on the portal which only you should have access to, I am not sure.
Because of privacy law which is aimed to protect the patients' ABSOLUTE right to keep all infos confidential
Don Ha
Ask the Doctor to explain the reason for the office visit. Maybe there is usual circumstances that need to be explained in person. Maybe other tests were drawn along with the pregnancy tests that could affect your pregnancy that need attention. Go see the Doc you trusted them enough to have the blood drawn in the first place.
Pregnancy is a personal choice. I would not reveal the information without an office visit. I think that you should either do your own pregnancy test or just visit the doctor who did the test.
This information is very personal and very protected. It is a FELONY to provide your information, even in error, to anyone else. The only way to ensure "you are you" is a visit. AND the results may need some confirmation, explanation or further testing....NO test in 100% accurate.
It's safer this way.