All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Menses confusion

I have hypothyroidism and I am on nexplanon. I have been spotting off and on for a week. It is so little that I barely speck a panty liner all day. What is going on?
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 7 days
  • Medications: sinthroid lithium and lamictal
  • Conditions: Hypothyroidism and bipolar disorder

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
It's most likely from the Nexplanon, especially if it started only after placing it. I agree with Dr. Baker however that your thyroid levels should be regularly checked.
Peter Guirguis
Your thyroid level should be checked on a regular basis, so if it hasn't been looked at recently you should check it. Irregular bleeding is the most common side effect of Nexplanon, and since it is highly effective at preventing pregnancy, you shouldn't be worried.
Kyle A Baker
More important is the thyroid. TSH should be maintained at about 1.0(o.8 to 1.2) for maximum benefit.
Victor Shabanah
It is normal to have irregular spotting or bleeding with the Nexplanon. It may change or improve the longer you are using it although it may not.
Nancy E. Bass
This can happen, but

if it continues and is

persistent it would be

best to get checked.