All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Pregnancy?

Hello,

I have had light bleeding and Brown discharge for 3 days now, which is not normal for my period. My last period started on June 23 and I had protected sex on July 12. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant? Or what else could be going on?
Poster
  • Female | 28 years old
  • Medications: Axert

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Your age and obstetric history (parity) would orient us on the proximate cause. Pregnancy seems unlikely. Based on the absence of any supportive information, I am thinking of an acute infection, cervical erosion, polyp, or endometriosis. There could be other reasons, but superficial answers floating on the surface would not help you either.
From what you're saying the likelihood that you are pregnant is low but there is a chance of pregnancy with condom use. A home pregnancy test is simple enough to do, and if your period doesn't come on schedule a blood test would be best. Otherwise watch for signs of infection (itch, odor, copious discharge) and keep track of your cycles. spotting mid cycle could be due to cervical bleeding , or hormonal disturbances related to the ovaries. Keeping in touch with your OBGYN office is a good idea.
Kyle A Baker
My guess off the bat is that you are not pregnant since you bled around the time that your period was expected although it may not be a bad idea to get a pregnancy test to be safe. Many things can cause an irregular period such as stress, weight loss/gain, travel, infection, medical conditions or new medications. If any of the above are possible and you have a negative test then you may want to see what happens for another cycle or see a gynecologist
Peter Guirguis
sound like an infection. need a pelvic exam.
Victor Shabanah