All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

diabetes/cancer link/other complications

This past year, my husband has been through a LOT of medical issues. In May of 2014, he would have been considered a very healthy, fit person (He is 6'3" aprox 180 lbs). In July 2014 he was diagosed with Type II diabetes. His A1C was out of control at 14.7!! This was taken very seriously, and he IMMEDIATELY got it under control through diet and meds. He now hovers around. A few months after that he developed blood clots in both legs. Has since had additional clots. He has now has discomfort.
Poster
  • Female | 43 years old
  • Medications: januvia, glipizide, lisinipril, requip, xarelto
  • Conditions: none prior to this past year

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

I've been successfully reversing diabetes at my practice. I would come in for a muscle test (or telephone consultation) and see what infections are currently lurking in the background. Several blends specifically for balancing the liver and pancreas will be taken for several months as the body heals. Avoiding GMOs, especially High Fructose Corn syrup will have to be avoided and a healthier diet with my therapeutic and metabo shakes will have to be taken daily to help the body reverse this chronic condition. I also carry Lecithin, chewable vitamin E, Blood nutritional support and an herbal aspirin blend to help balance cholesterol and prevent clots--along with drinking plenty of water to keep your blood thinner. As your body heals your MD can reduce and wean you off the un-natural chemicals that have no place in our bodies. Stay well, Dr. Jon
The pharmaceutical Meds, continual use, could be one of his biggest problems. But a good colon cleanse; a change to a well-balanced veagan-vegetarian; proper exercise; proper fresh-air & sunshine; proper use of water; proper rest and Trust-in-Divine-Power, would do a world of good for him...OK??!!! Amen??!!!
the side effects of these drugs individually, but most importantly in combination need to be looked at very seriously.
I don't believe that your husband destined to live with those side effects. I believe his health can improve. I'd be curious about which blood tests were run, as well - just because what was tested was normal, doesn't mean everything is! I hope you and your husband will seek a second opinion and find someone who is willing to take the time to listen and understand. Without a thorough history, including when each symptom started in relation to other factors, it's difficult to say what, specifically, is causing his symptoms (may be medication-related, may not be), but a dedicated physician will take the time to work with him to understand how he's feeling and work to improve it. Don't lose hope!
Chrissie Cirovic, ND
Each of your medicines is taking him to more disease and even more diseases. I believe that he can come back to normal health within a month if he follows natural health program which is a safe and effective way of solving most of our health problems. He will be able to give up all medicines if he likes to follow a safe and effective way of treating him through Nature Cure. The outline is to give him periodic short fasts, and a completely healthy vegan diet for a month. All medical system treats the effects without removing the cause of the disease. Nature Cure does not treat the effect, but removes the cause of disease.
Arun Sharma
The medication may be causing the formation of blood clots. Alternative remedies which may prevent clots from developing are: Vitamin E, Gotu Kola and Arnica in tincture form. As far as regulating the symptoms of diabetes, moringa tea is effective, as well as large doses of Vitamin D. Foods for diabetes are asparagus, avocados and yams. Foods which prevent clotting are Omega-3's, garlic, curries and foods rich in magnesium.
Margaret Bailey
Hi would suggest an alkaline lifestyle and diet as outlined in the pH Miracle and the pH miracle for weight loss. The blood clots are due to excess acids in the blood causing the blood to clot. I would suggest 5 grams of L-arginine with 5 grams of L-citriline with magnesium chloride at least 6 times a day. You can order this product at:www.phoreveryoung.com
I am sorry. Half of my text was cut off:

This past year, my husband has been through a LOT of medical issues. In May of 2014, he would have been considered a very healthy, fit person (He is 6'3" aprox 180 lbs and has since lost a lot of weight). In July 2014 he was diagosed with Type II diabetes. His A1C was out of control at 14.7!! This was taken very seriously, and he IMMEDIATELY got it under control through diet and meds. He now hovers around. A few months after that he developed blood clots in both legs. Has since had additional clots. He has now has discomfort in his arms and legs, high blood pressure, shortness of breath, occasional chest pains, feels sick ALL THE TIME. I think there is some serious underlying condition causing all this (NO FAMILY HISTORY), but the doctors basically just say this is his life now. No blood tests or CT scans have shown anything out of the ordinary. He cannot live like this. He is only 49 years old. What should I be asking or doing differently? Have you ever seen something like this before?
Poster
I am not sure what the question is, please.
What is your question? Blood clots in both legs can lead to emboli which are fatal.