All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Red eye, congested passage, sore throat.

I woke up 4 days ago with right eyelid swollen, red in whole eye but especially in the inner corner, sore below eye, when rubbed in inner corner feel like sandpaper, then yesterday right side nasal passage became congested also sore, now slight sore throat with drainage from nose. Never sick. Been around kids whole time nobody has caught it. No regular medication.
Poster
  • Female | 27 years old
  • Complaint duration: 7 days
  • Medications: Benadryl, sleep aid
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Sounds like an infected/blocked tear duct. Try to massage the tear duct area to help unclog it and seek the attention of an ophthalmologist for further evaluation and treatment. Don't delay seeking treatment.
It sounds like an infected lacrimal (tear) sac and duct. I recommend seeing an ophthalmologist first. An ENT evaluation may be needed as well, but my impression is that this started in the eye and spread down the duct to the nose. Good luck.
Sounds like a viral infection of the eye and sinus passages. Very common especially around children. Visit your family doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Likely some virus or allergies but since it involves your eye if the symptoms last more than 3-5 days I would get it checked out by an eye md...By the way...get off the benedryl...its a "cheap fix" ..if you are having trouble with sleep find out the cause and go after that....meds to aid sleep arent evil but it treats the symptom not the problem.
There is no question here. What is it that you are asking? I suggest a visit to an eye doctor, not an optomitrist.