All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Frenum piercing

I had two Frenum piercing and I took them out about a year and half apart. It healed well and even checked with my doctor. About a day ago I started to getting a "tingling itching feeling around one of the holes is this something I should be concerned about?
Poster
  • Male | 31 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
It's unlikely that your symptoms have anything to do with the piercing and removal. this new symptom could be a viral infection and should not be ignored if it isn't gone on its own in a couple of days. if you get a rash or the itching and tingling feeling increases, I would be thinking about a herpes infection. See your doctor
Stephen Brenner
Tingling and itching is a sign of infection, irritation or inflamation. You could be developing a cold sore but the length of time since you had the piercings removed suggests that isnt part of the problem. If a rash develops see your doctor. If your symptoms persist see your doctor but you can watch this for a week or two without affecting the eventual outcome
Any piercing of skin is prone to infection . You should remove the piercings and clean the skin with hydrogen peroxide and clean the rings with alcohol. If the itching does not go away, see a physician.
Most likely you have had some minor nerve injury related to the piercings which is now healing on its own. Minor injuries to the skin can sever tiny sensory nerves in the skin, and the loss of sensation can lead to tingling as the nerve begins to heal. Return to normal sensation might or might not occur. Have your family doctor examine you to determine the degree of sensory loss and to determine if any further investigation is warranted.
John G. Van Derwood