All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Vitamins

Does vitamins help you gain weight and make you look better?
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 2 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Vitamins are food nutrients that have been extracted and are available as supplements. All vitamins are essential to life and most people get plenty in their diet. They are not drugs, even though some people try to use them to cure or treat certain diseases. Deficiency in Vitamin D, E and A do occur rarely in malnourished individuals but these create symptoms of deficiency. Vitamin C has no benefit in colds or flu, but has been touted as being a treatment for certain diseases. They do not help you gain weight or look better unless you are deficient.
Not really. I appreciate your concern about your appearance but unless your doctor tells you that you are underweight, you do not necessarily need to gain any. You can improve your appearance and body image with a good exercise plan and proper nutrition. Vitamins add little or anything of benefit. Good luck!
John G. Van Derwood
Vitamins are the building blocks of the coenzymes for metabolism in organic systems. I don't believe vitamins are going to help you gain weight. Do I believe vitamins specially vitamin D, Vitamin C and Omega-3 Lipid supplement make you look better, Yes. The components of good healthy looking skin, hair and nails require good nutrition and good supplements, plenty of water for hydration in order to produce great looking skin, hair and nails.
The simple answer is that it doesn't do any of that. Vitamins are essential nutrients that your body needs for various chemical processes to occur at their optimal level. If you eat a healthy, well balanced diet with protein, carbohydrates, vegetables and fruits then one does not need to take an additional vitamin. Some absorption of vitamins is affected by taking some prescription medication or if you have issues with mal-absorption in your gut so having your primary care physician check vitamin levels may be something to consider. Some very common deficiencies I encounter in my medical practice is Vitamin D and B-12. Hope this helps.
the only people who say this are the people who sell the vitamins...many studies have been done trying to find benefit of vitamins but there is not one single study done on humans living in america who have normal health..that a vitamin does any good at all. Eat right, exercise like you enjoy it and don't worry about the supplements..
I am not aware of anything in vitamins that can do either. Their purpose is to replace minerals and micronutrients that my be missing from your diet.

if you need to gain weight and want to look better you should be considering other ways to do it.

I have a question for you. What makes you think you need to "look better?"
Stephen Brenner
I do not know of Vitamins that can make you gain weight. Vitamins are good if you need them as a supplement or if you are not eating enough veggies. Vitamins like Biotin, Selenium and Vitamin D3 do benefit your Hair , skin and nails and will help appearance. If you are underweight seek medical attention as Vitamin supplementation may not be enough. to check your BMI go towww.Smartforlife.com and use their BMI calculator to see your result.