All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Rust colored toenails

My fingernails are normal, but all of my toenails are turning orange.
Poster
  • Male | 28 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

7 UpVoted this answer
Retake the picture. Could be fungal, shoe.pressure or contact reaction to material in shoes if worn without socks. Too poor quality to make a better diagnosis.
5 UpVoted this answer
The picture is somewhat blurry. This most likely is either a result of chronic repetitive bruising of the nails or it could be a mild fungal infection of the nail. Repetitive bruising of the nails is often seen in runners, tennis players, and hikers and people participating in other athletic activities wearing tight shoes or in cases where the foot is sliding in the shoe and striking the inside of the shoe at the end. In female patients, I often see similar discoloration of the nails from staining from nail polish (especially red). This is, of course, less common in males. Fungal infections of the nail can also occur and can be treated with topical medication when the case is minor. Other rare conditions such as psoriasis or nutritional problems can cause nail changes, but given the picture and clinical scenario, these are less likely. See a podiatrist for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
3 UpVoted this answer
More than likely you may have a fungus nails. Although yeast mold and microtrauma can cause the same as well as psoriasis and other problems. See a professional advise via podiatrist and topical or homeopathic cures take for ever to work.
Alex Kheynson
3 UpVoted this answer
Your photo is not clear. The best a can make of it . it appears like your bruising the nails. Not knowing anything about your exercise program, the shoes you wear,whether you wear socks at all a true diagnosis is hard to come by. I suggest seeing a podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis.
Jay D. Helman
2 UpVoted this answer
Looks like nail trauma or a fungus infection. I recommend a nail biopsy that can identify the DNA of any organism that may be involved.
Seth Steber
2 UpVoted this answer
I would suggest taking another picture. Don't use flash. Be sure things are in focus.
1 UpVoted this answer
The picture is not clear but you may be developing fungal changes of the nails. They may start out superficial with discoloration of the nail plate and left untreated may begin to penetrate the nail further. It is best to get them evaluated and a nail biopsy can be performed. Professional debridement of the nails combined with a topical antifungal can help to avoid the areas worsening and clear up what you have. These are simple steps to take to promote good nail health as you are young and many times the terrible fungal infections of the nails we see can certainly be avoided with a proactive approach.
Joseph Bava
Looks like fungus but difficult to be certain due to picture being blurry
Jerald Askin