All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Recent changes

I've been taking try sprintec birth control for 8 yrs (I'm 27) with no problems except the last 6 months my periods have been almost nonexistent and the last year my sex drive and ability to turn on (which is generally strong) is also totally gone. Could this be due to a change in my hormonal needs and tri sprintec is just too low dose?
Poster
  • Female | 27 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 64
  • Weight: 95lbs
  • Medications: Tri sprintec and albuterol
  • Conditions: Asthma

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Low sex drive is a known side effect of birth control. This drug completely messes up your normal hormonal function and can also cause weight gain, depression, dry skin, and hair loss, and gall bladder problems. The sooner you get off this drug the sooner your body can regain normal balance, which includes normal sex drive. I would not wish this drug on my worst enemy due to these problems. Use another form of contraception.
these are all common side effects of being on birth control pills.

you may like having a very light menstrual flow. But if the loss of libido is an issue, your only real option is to go off the pill and find another method of contraception
Michael Birnbaum
Not having a period on low dose birth control pills is common and also a blessing, there is absolutely no reason to have a period unless you are trying to get pregnant. With regard to your decreased sex drive this also could be related to the pill because women on oral contraceptives have lower amounts of circulating free testosterone. However decreased sex drive in women can be caused by many issues such as fatigue, anger towards a partner and boredom in a relationship to name just a few. There are many birth control options that would not lower your testosterone levels I would talk to an OB/Gyn about them. Good luck.
you are correct, the pill can cause these changes, especially now that you often get generic pills that can vary greatly in hormone content. It would help to change the pill.
To answer this question properly,it is necessary to do an extensive blood tests . call me for details

954-290-3461 or my office 305-777-1670
Victor Shabanah
Your OB/Gyn can change

the birth control pill to

solve this.
OCPs can cause a dimished sex drive and menstrual irregularity.

You should be checked by your OB/GYN.

Also...your weight may have something to do with it as well.
Tahir Chauhdry