All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Am I ovulating? Is the depo out of my system?

Hi ,

Me and my husband have been trying to have a baby since last October and wondered if you could help. I took the depo shot last April-July and July -October. I started spotting in February then March nothing then I started April 7th and it lasted 2weeks then I started again May 28th and was a normal 7days. I noticed while ovulating that I was spotting a orangish color. Does that mean I'm ovulating? Is the depo out of my system? What can I do to get pregnant? Any advice will help thank you
Poster
  • Female | 23 years old
  • Medications: 8 months
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
The hormones in Depo are processed by the liver. So, even though in many people it may be out of your system in 3 months, for you it may be longer. So I use liver support to help women recover from these types of drugs, or even the toxic drugs used in so-called fertility treatments. Be sure to cut out sugar from your diet because sugar makes it harder for your liver to get rid of hormones, which is why it makes PMS worse. I would also make sure not to drink milk (though small amounts of dairy in food should not be a problem) because milk increases testosterone and testosterone makes it harder to get pregnant. I also recommend women take 2 TBSP of GROUND flax seeds from the new moon to the full moon daily to support estrogen, and then 2 TBSP of ground chia seeds from the full moon to the new moon to support progesterone. There is SO much you can do to support fertility and there is more on my website.
The deep is still in your system and interfering with ovulation, with time you will start to ovulate again. Your physician can do some testing to find out if you are ovulating.
Depo provera is supposed to last 3 months but it may last a lot longer. So u just have to be patient.
Victor Shabanah
Your provider needs to

help you restore your

ovulation so you can

conceive soon.
It may take up to 12 months for depo provera

to get out of your system.

However, some couples may conceive sooner.
Tahir Chauhdry