All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

hot flashes

How can I stop hot flashes?
Poster
  • Female | 44 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: none
  • Conditions: none

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
I think you should start off by going to your primary care physician for a complete exam with blood work including blood counts, blood chemistry, thyroid function check, vitamin B-12 level and your hormone levels. This will give you some very good info before you try to treat your symptoms. Feel better soon.
Find a good licensed acupuncture doctor to stimulate your hormone w/o drugs .
Don Ha
Hot flashes are usually,although not always, related to hormonal deficiencies. An assessment and lab evaluation would be instructive in determining the best approach. Hormone replacement is generally the best option. Some tout the herb Black Cohosh but I'm still waiting after many years for the first patient to tell me it works. Bio identical hormone therapy is generally safe and effective. Go towww.biotemedical.com to get information about that life-improving therapy. Best luck, and Good Health.
John S. Ferris
Simple blood tests can tell if you are perimenopausal which is the most likely diagnosis..There are multiple meds that help...both prescription like estrogen ..and nonprescription ...if perimenopausal ..estrogen always works but there is a lot of "baggage" with this drug...and it requires you work closely with your doctor. I personally have not had any luck with the supplements for this problem. Start with the lab tests. Easy to do and covered by insurance.
In Naturopathic medicine there are great ways to minimize hot flashes associated with menopause such as herbal remedies and acupuncture. It is important to get a correct diagnosis if infact it is due to menopause symptoms. Check in your area for a naturopathic physician they have so many tools at their disposal.
Michelle McConnell
Hot flashes at your age are not usually brought on by the ovarian failure that accompanies menopause, so your condition is likely caused by something else. Make an appointment to see your family doctor or gynecologist for a check up to try to find the cause of this.
John G. Van Derwood
I would want a more complete symptom picture, history, physical exam and relevant lab tests including hormone testing before advising you. To get the right diagnosis, most comprehensive care and lasting solutions, I would suggest you see an integrative practitioner. Best wishes. Dr. Shalini Kapoor, ND, MPH
Shalini Kapoor