All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Pregnancy

Can one get pregnant if having an intercose one day before the period but still get the period after?
Poster
  • Female | 30 years old
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
When it comes to the question of possible pregnancy nothing is impossible
Victor Shabanah
Although it is always possible that a pregnancy could occur. The chances of this happening as a period is occurring is very rare. Simple solution is to take a home pregnancy test, and if you miss the next period see your doctor.
Although very unlikely it could happen.

if you're unsure see a physician for further testing.
No - unless that "period" wasn't a period, i.e. it was a dysmenorrhea.

p.s. There is a mentally sick person (from MA) who intrudes and scams on this site while the doctors type their responses and while their accounts are logged-in. I know her, her all IP addresses, and her physical address well, but I will share those with the site owner privately. This is how typos occur, as she forges the words, deforms the meanings (I mean my prior answer to this question). Also, she posts the same question for 6-8 times (within a minute or two) knowing well, that the doctors will skip answering to her redundantly submitted identical questions, and this way she achieves prolonging the doctors' "average response time." I trust, the owner of this site will have ways to ban her further intrustions and gambling on this site.
No (unless that "period" wasn't a period, my dysmenorrhea).
It is unlikely, but always a possibility. Sperm can "hide" in vaginal crypts for up to 7 days. I recommend an app called "My Days." It very easily and discretely helps you track your cycle. Generally speaking, women are fertile monthly for about three days (ovulation, about day 14). However, that window greatly increases when you consider those hidden sperm. If you are wanting to avoid a pregnancy, there is a short window by which the morning after pill can be provided. If you are seeking to become pregnant, it is helpful to track your cycle and have intercourse during your fertile window.
Anything is possible but very unlikely. When in doubt, always do a pregnancy test.
The answer is yes although it is unlikely. Getting what seems to be a normal period does not always mean that the ovaries and hormonal cycles are functioning normally, and it is possible to ovulate at odd times. If conception occurred, the HCG would start to show up on a blood test about 14 days later. A urine test is less sensitive but would be a good idea to ease your mind.
Kyle A Baker