All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Pcos

what are natural safe ways to increase my chances of having a baby due to having polycystic ovarian syndrome
Poster
  • Female | 23 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Weight: 214lbs

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Great question! There are so many ways to help resolve PCOS without side effects (drugs). I love to put my clients on a product called MYOMIN, which you can order from amazon.com. Generally I have people take 3 caps twice daily. I also use homeopathy to stimulate normal hormonal function. You can find a homeoapthic doctor atwww.naturopathic.org. I have used homeopathy to help people become healthier for years, and it's safe during pregnancy.

The second thing you want to do is regarding a diet change. Cows are born at 100lbs and grow to 200lbs in just a few short months. They do this because milk from cows contains growth factors. There is a growth factor in milk that is specifically related to raising testosterone, the hormone that can cause acne and facial or arm hair in women with PCOS. I would recommend not drinking any milk, and limiting all other dairy products, except butter.

The last thing for you is to support the liver. The liver is the organ that processes your hormones. It is not working right (even if lab tests are normal) and that causes a backup of hormones, causing PCOS. One thing that is really detrimental to the liver is sugar. Avoid sugar 6 days per week. No soda, frappacchinos, sweet coffees or teas. You will note that your cramps are much better next month.

The drugs mentioned below, in my experience, only cause side effects, and never address the underlying issue that caused the PCOS in the first place. Your body knows how to have normal cycles. It just needs a little support in getting healthy.
Once your PCOS resolves, fertility will come naturally. Yes, you CAN resolve PCOS! I've seen it many times. The most common homeopathic (natural, safe) remedies I use for PCOS are:

SEPIA: this helps women with acne on the chin or jawline. They may love or hate pickles, and crave chocolate before their periods and have irritability before their cycles.

PULSATILLA: this remedy helps women with acne on the cheeks that tends to scar poorly. They may have hairs on their chin or upper lip. They tend to be irritable before their cycles also but more sensitive and weepy. They like fatty greasy food like fried chicken but it tends to cause them digestive issues like diarrhea or upset stomach.

To find someone qualified in natural medicine go towww.naturopathic.org.
There are clinically effective methods to treating PCOS with herbal support, however, these are best administered by a physician that can evaluate and perform testing to ensure your hormonal levels are improving. As some of the others have posted, weight can be a factor in treating PCOS, in part because of how the body recycles and eliminates hormones. Don't give up! There are board-certified naturopaths that can help balance your hormones naturally, and can also prescribe medications if progress is not being made. I wish you a successful pregnancy!
Losing weight will help decrease estrogen and help balance your hormones, because fat cells give off estrogen. I started using ISAGENIX products with my clients and am having great results. I like them also because they are detoxifiying in addition to helpful in weight loss. You can start with the 11-day cleanse.
just on the basis of your weight alone, you are probably going to need medication because the heavier you are, the more resistant to the medications you will be and you need to see someone who understands how to manage this properly
Michael Birnbaum
first of all, natural may help, but is not always safe and with the disease like PCOS, may not be very effective.

You need to be fully evaluated by a reproductive endocrinologist who knows how to treat PCOS
Michael Birnbaum
After complete evaluation with exam, lab, and ultrasound, you may need to be treated with fertility medications such as Clomid.
WEIGHT CONTROL: Knowing your height would help calculate your BMI. However, given your age and your weight (214 lbs, which nearly amounts 97 kg), you need to burn calories. The fat tissue is the primary storage of oestrogens in the body. While burning fat you help release a large amount of oestrogens into the blood which stimulates the ovulation. If following a diet is hard, then consider taking sessions of acupuncture or spa for the weight control.

AGE compounds: Women with PCOS have higher levels of advanced glycation end products (AGE). These are compounds formed when glucose binds with proteins. Cutting down on dietary AGE significantly reduces insulin levels in women with PCOS. Foods high in AGE include processed foods, as applying high heat (grilling, searing, roasting) increases levels of AGE in the food.

MAGNESIUM: Get enough Mg. Low magnesium levels are often associated with diabetes which is linked to the PCOS. High magnesium foods include dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, bananas, dried fruit, dark chocolate.

CHROMIUM (Cr) is an essential mineral that helps the body regulate insulin and blood sugar levels. 200 mcg daily of chromium picolinate significantly reduces fasting blood sugar, as effectively as metformin, but with a bonus - as it does not increase the testosterone levels.Whole grain products, broccoli, potatoes, grape, oranges, lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts are sources of chromium.

ZINC fluxes work, in part, by altering the activity of the cytostatic factor (CTSF), the cellular activity required for the establishment and maintenance of metaphase II arrest in the mature, unfertilized egg. Zn is a terrific anti-inflammatory agent. Women with PCOS have significantly higher serum copper (Cu) levels and copper/zinc (Cu/Zn) ratio. Beef, lamb, and sesame seeds are the primary sources of zinc.

LOAD UP with Omega-3s.: Women with PCOS who are given three grams of omega-3s daily for eight weeks have lower testosterone concentrations.

CEASE SMOKING: If you area smoker, consider gradually reducing the number of cigarettes per day.

LEAD and MERCURY: If you reside in a leaded apartment, make sure you do your best to move out, because the daily exposure to Pb and Hg contribute to premature ovarian failure.

SUMMARY: All these traditional, naturalistic methods are contributory, but certainly not curative. If you are facing the problem for more than two years, the best method is the laparoscopic surgery, when a small incision on the both ovarian capsules would help the ova be released into the tubes.
Patients with PCOS will occasionally ovulate and conceive on their own without any help from doctors. Unfortunately this is not very common. You are only 22 years old, but already weigh 214 pounds. If you do not treat your PCOS with medication you will almost certainly continue to gain weight and become a Type 2 diabetic. I don't know of any "natural" ways to treat PCOS. The medications currently on the market to treat your condition are in my opinion quite safe. I would recommend you see a gynecologist to discuss your options. Good luck.