All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Tubes tied

I am 26 and I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and I haven't had a regular period in four months could I be pregnant?
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: Na
  • Conditions: Na

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Like the doctors below, you'll need the pregnancy test. If you are not pregnant, there is a reason your body is not cycling normally. Your OB can evaluate this, but her recommendations are likely to be drugs with side effects. I find that they don't address the underlying cause---something triggered your body to not have a cycle, either pregnancy or something else. Was there a stressful event 4 months ago? Breakup with a boyfriend or husband? Death of a loved one? Significant diet change or illness? Your naturopathic doctor can help get things back into balance and find the cause. Seewww.naturopathic.org and click on find a doctor.
Tying the tubes is great birth control but not 100%. Get a pregnancy test and see your GYN to evaluate why you have irregular periods - it may be hormonal
Yes, it is possible. Tubal ligation is very effective but not perfect. A urine pregnancy test from any drug store should put your mind at ease. Then I would follow up with your GYN provider to evaluate the irregular periods.
Yes, the failure rate for a tubal ligation can be as high as 1/450. Please do an OTC pregnancy test.
yes ,u can be pregnant. consider doing a pregnancy test.
Victor Shabanah
If a tubal ligation or implant (such as Essure) fails, you are at increased risk of having an ectopic pregnancy. Commonly, ectopic pregnancies can occur 3 or more years after the tubal ligation. Abdominal pregnancy (a rare type of ectopic pregnancy) can occur after the failed tubal ligation. This is when the zygote is inplanted not in the tubes, but on the round ligament, peritoneum, culdesac of Douglas, omentum, mesosalpinx, liver, or spleen. In any events, please take a pregnancy test and see a doctor ASAP for sonography. Good luck.
Yes, you could be pregnant. There is a known failure rate associated with tubal sterilization. Although it is our best form of contraception, there are occasions when women get pregnant later on. You should do a pregnancy test and if it is positive, you should see a doctor right away as there is a higher risk of it being a tubal pregnancy. Of course, there are other reasons women miss their periods, but pregnancy should be ruled out.