All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Urethra or vaginal problem

For over 5 months I've had the nagging urge to urinate often even if there is nothing in my bladder. I spoke with my doctor 3 months ago and she said sounds like a yeast infection. (She did not test for it, only a bladder infection) Prescribed diflucan, did not work. I've tried caprylic acid and olive leaf and oregano oil, nothing is working. My upper vag wall is swollen pretty bad too.
Poster
  • 27 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Since you have had this problem for 5 months I would recommend seeing a urologist to rule out interstitial cystitis with a procedure called cystoscopy (where a small scope is placed inside the bladder to see what is going on). At age 27 you really should not be having these symptoms it is best to get to the bottom of this. Good luck.
I would recommend a thorough exam including cultures and STD testing including testing for genital herpes. I would also recheck a urinalysis and urine culture. If the exam is normal and the cultures are negative I would try a course of Uribel or Pyridium to see if it helps. If it doesn't help you may need to see a Urologist for a cystoscopy to examine the urethra and bladder directly.
Kyle A Baker
You are describing symptoms of a bladder infection, vaginal infection, or both, or Interstitial Cystitis (Google info about this). Your symptoms deserve a work-up u your physician and appropriate treatment.
you need to be evaluated for interstitial cystitis among other things

treating for a"yeast" infection without a culture is inappropriate

2/3 of women who think they have yeast infections DON'T
Michael Birnbaum
You are 27 years old, thus the atrophic vaginitis and atrophic urethritis are ruled-out. If you had a recent trauma in birth we could think of a uro-vaginal fistula. If not, then you describe symptoms of interstitial cystitis. Combined with vaginal discharge, it leads to think of an urogenital infection. Most common agents are ureoplasma, mycoplasma, and other dominantly gram-negative bacterial infections.

See a gynecologist to check the urine culture and you will probably be prescribed antibiotics of the groups Aminoglysodies (Gentamicin, Amikacin, Netilmicin) and Macrolides (Azithromycin, Erythroyicin)). Certain groups of antibiotics (Chephalosporins, Monobactams, Carbapenems, Quionolones) are NOT helpful. See a doctor ASAP and get the antibacterial treatment to prevent pyelocystitis.

As for the traditional methods, I would NOT recommend using herbs (Akebia, Talc, Gardenia, Licorice) as it is a challenge to choose their right combination or to control their dosage.

As for the diet, avoid spicy foods and alcohol, and consume larger amounts of fruits, raw green and root vegetables, barely, mushrooms, and kefir. If you are an office worker, consider that spending hours in the same, sitting position infront of the computer, is also contributory factor to the severity of your problem.
Probably bacterial infection and because it was not treated properly, spread to the vagina. Need to see a gynecologist,get urine culture . Probably,need an antibiotic for genitourinary problems such as cipro or augmentin
Victor Shabanah
Best to be checked and treated soon.