All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Someone help me figure out what is happening

Okay so my gynecologist thinks I'm having an allergic reaction to something, I've had irritation for two months he's done all the normal tests and nothing has came back positive. There is itchiness and discharge and some days it hurts worse than others it's very red and irritated, I don't know what to do about this. What my next step should be? Any advice would be helpful!
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 60 days
  • Medications: Predisone
  • Conditions: Allergic reaction -undetermined cause being treated for this right now. Not related issue

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
That's a fairly severe reaction and is often due to an allergy or more rarely autoimmune disease. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist. Allergy testing can be done in most offices for common allergens. A biopsy would probably give an idea leading to a definitive diagnosis.
James T. Sandwich
The photo definitely shows a local reaction to something. You did not state what if anything your gynecologist has tried so far to treat you . I would try a prescription product called Lotrisone cream applied twice a day for 14 days and then stop. Also I would only wear loose all cotton underwear and not put any thing in your vagina for the full two weeks. If this does not help I would recommend a biopsy of the skin but this regimen has worked for most of my patients over the last 22 years. Good luck.
See your doctor and have her get cultures and sensitivities for bacterial, fungal, and viral infections as well as possible biopsy if it is not an infection. Also correlating it with exposure to condoms, nylon or cotton materials with regard to a reaction. This would help get a proper diagnosis as well as the correct treatment plan. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.
This requires testing

and a special cream.
Reboot immune system with Colostrum and naturally balance hormones with my private label herbal extract
Ralph Foster