All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Diotomatious Earth?

Is Diotomatious earth considered safe (for oral use) to get rid of tapeworms? I have read it is basically silica? Would a silica supplement work just as well? If safe, how often and how long should it be used?
Poster
  • Female | 56 years old
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 64
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Medications: Plaquenil, colcrys, pentoxyphyline, tramadol, prednisone prn, imitrex, armour thyroid
  • Conditions: SLE, gastroparesis, pericarditis
  • Hospitalizations: Last was 2013 for multi- organ serositis

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

3 UpVoted this answer
Based on the meds you are on I can tell you the chances you have an undiagnosed case of Lyme + at least one co-infection, such as a mycoplasma, is near 99.99999%. I can tell you that you are not being treated appropriately but what else is new.

Mercury toxicity is the best way to get + ANA antibodies (mention this since you have been diagnosed with SLE). THere are no auto-immune diseases only stealth infections and immune dysregulation.

Be that as it may, there are ways to Naturally Eliminating Parasites

Black walnut hulls

Wormwood

Cloves

Pumpkin seeds or pumpkin seed oil capsules

Garlic

Neem *

Thyme

Marshmallow root

Diatomaceous earth

* Do not take neem if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, because it can work as a contraceptive.

Diatomaceous earth is probably the best natural anti-parasitic medication. It does not harm humans or pets but don't breathe it in. It is believed to kill insects, worms and parasites by dehydrating them. When used on ants, it usually takes approximately 20 minutes before they are all dead. One tablespoon of diatomaceous earth taken by an adult, once a day for seven days, is believed to be extremely effective for killing all parasites. When it is used on children, bear in mind that height is a better indicator of the size of their G.I. tracts than their weights. Thus, a child who is 4 feet tall should take 2 teaspoons, and a child who is 2 feet tall should take 1 teaspoon.

If you take the diatomaceous earth route, then only buy it food grade. Industrial diatomaceous earth is used for swimming pool filters, but it has been chemically treated, so this type is not safe to eat. Try to avoid rubbing it onto your hands, since it will have a drying effect upon the skin. Diatomaceous earth contains heavy metals as part of its mineral content, but it also contains selenium, which allows otherwise accumulative heavy metals to be safely flushed from the body. Therefore, it is not really a health concern despite the trace presence of aluminum and lead. We recommend taking selenium supplements for a week after discontinuing this treatment to ensure that the body thoroughly neutralizes the metals. You can always follow the parasite cleanse with a metal cleanse. When using it, be sure to drink plenty of fluids, because it will dehydrate a person considerably.

Wormwood and black walnut hulls are known to kill adult worms, whilst cloves kill eggs. Some people use this trio for treating parasites, instead of diatomaceous earth. It is recommended that you take 500 mg. of wormwood and black walnut hulls, whilst taking 1/2 teaspoon of cloves daily for about 14 days. The other herbs listed can be used to augment these two core protocols.

As parasites die, they release toxins through their excrement and from rotting. The most common parasites, the worm type, attempt to escape by burrowing deeper into the intestines, which can cause sharp cramps. Even when dead, the body is still burdened with the task of flushing them out. This whole process can initially make the person feel sicker than before he began the cleanse, but this is only temporary, and it is a sign that the cleanse is working. It is known as a Herxheimer reaction when people become sicker as a result of the toxins that are released by dying parasites. While fatigue and grogginess are to be expected, normal life may be continued, and diarrhea should not occur. Eat a good, wholesome diet throughout the cleanse to ensure that your immune system is at its strongest. After the cleanse, you should feel better, have more energy, and experience sickness less often.
1 UpVoted this answer
Parasites are not that difficult to expel, however, if you don't know their origin, you may acquire them again.

Diatomaceous Earth along with wormwood seed, clove, garlic, black walnut husk, sage, cayenne, mullein flower, gentian root and cramp bark are all beneficial vermiforms. As I was taught over 44 years ago, you MUST open the elimination channels BEFORE you attempt any kind of a detox in order to avoid a "die off" effect. Those channels are the kidneys, skin, lungs, colon, liver, stomach and sinuses. You can do this by adhering to The HONSTEC Syndrome Plan of detox. See my website under my name dot com.

Dr. James Chappell

PS - There is nothing to buy for this advice.
Dr. James Chappell
1 UpVoted this answer
Yes, diatomaceous earth is safe, but you have to take the food-grade and stay away from the industrial grade which is used in swimming pools. I have only noticed one contraindication to diatomaceous earth which is that it can cause stomach pain if you have a stomach (peptic) ulcer. It's slightly abrasive, which is why it can help remove the parasites.

I have herbal formulas that kill parasites. You can kill them with wormwood, clove, black walnuts, etc, but you can get "die-off". I've known patients to get very uncomfortable, like their skin is crawling, feeling anxious, and even get fevers as parasites are dying. So, I highly recommend an absorptive type formula with charcoal, clay and other herbs to help absorb the toxins as the parasites are dying, and prevent it from affecting your entire body. This type of formula can also help pull the parasites off the intestinal wall - tapeworms have hooks/suckers (it's called a scolex) that they use to attach themselves and suck out your nutrition.

It is very possible that the tapeworm has something to do with your lupus symptoms because parasites can easily cause muscle and joint pains. It is very lucky that you found out now about the tapeworm. Remember, these are living beings that eat and make waste, so they are leaving their excrement, if you will, in your colon. Your colon is richly supplied with blood vessels that can carry these toxins all over your entire body.
1 UpVoted this answer
DE has been used in veterinary medicine for many years. I have personally ingested, and recommended food-grade DE in my practice for the elimination of intestinal worms. Despite evidence that the treatment is effective after only one week of use, I recommend a one-month daily treatment for complete elimination of all worms given the various life-cycles of the various types.
Jeffrey Ruterbusch
secondly and most importantly the reaction and in combination with prednisone and methotrexate in particular is of concern.

best
well to start with it is dirt and therefore it is in its in-organic form. usually inorganic is given to plants to be converted to organic form, where we can digest and utilize their nutrients.

on the other hand there's always the impurity concerns, such as heavy metals, etc.

so its not safe in my clinical opinion.

best
The best way to get rid of parasites is start drinking 4 liters alkaline water at a pH of 9.5 with 5 drops of sodium chlorite or potassium hydroxide per liter. You can order this at:www.phoreveryoung.com The product is called Activator.
The safe way to detox is by taking wormwood capsules and clove capsules. Also, you may include black walnut tincture.
Margaret Bailey
I have taken food grade DE before and am actually on a course right now. I find it safe and tolerable. It was a little hard for me to find. The product that I eventually discovered is called Lumino. Here is there website:

http://www.luminofoodgradede.com/

Use 1 tablespoon (I like to dissolve in a glass of water or juice) daily for 1 week. Repeat if needed. It is a good first choice for parasites. After you finish that treatment you may consider others.

Depending on:

1. How sure you are you have a parasite

2. How severe that infection is

3. Your response to the food grade DE

you may consider:

1. Repeating the DE treatment

2. Moving on to wormwood, black walnut, cloves combo

3. As last resort consider the conventional medical treatment
Roger Gietzen
Di atomatious earth is safe to take orally for tapeworms. Much safer than the medications you are taking.

Please make sure that you supplement with Folic Acid when you use Methotrexate.

Visitwww.academyofwellness.com to find natural way to manage SLE/FMS.
George Grant