All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

RE: Menopause Issues

Hello!

I'm a women who has been going through menopause since I was 35. It has been an unpleasant experience and continues to suffer from hot flashes and painful intercourse.

Since I receive an injection of Fluphenazine every 3 weeks, what are some of the things I can do to relieve my symptoms without any interactions? I'm only looking for safe and effective treatments like supplements, herbs and/or foods.
Poster
  • Female | 54 years old
  • Ethnicity: Other / Decline to State
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 129lbs
  • Medications: Fluphenazine (injection every 3 weeks)

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
German homeopathic brand Heel has medication Klimakt-heel, which is very helpful in cases like yours. Unfortunately they left US market due to changes in FDA regulations, however you can find this homeopathic remedy on-line delivered from European Union.

For more info visit http://vivahealthylife.com
Try Klimact-Heel - German homeopathic remedy that perfectly works in conditions like yours.

Read more here:

http://www.vivahealthylife.com/portfolio-item/gynecological-conditions/
Sunlight, seafood, avoid Electromagnetic Radiation as much as possible (Wi-Fi, bluetooth, cell signals), wear blu-blocking glasses after sun goes down.

Sunlight in AM kickstarts your circadian biology (hormone production). Blocking blue light especially at night allows you to produce melatonin. Proper sleep and circadian timing are fundamental to correcting all hormonal dysfunctions.
a general approach to HRT, synthetic or natural may be a big mistake. a comprehensive hormonal test is a great place to start.

best
Going through menopause is a lot easier if you are drinking at least 4 liters of 9.5 alkaline water per day and eliminating the bowels at least 4 to 6 times a day. Take magnesium chloride to help your bowels.
I have a great herbal formula that really helps with hot flashes. Black cohosh, wild yam, dong quai, etc. Also, and more importantly, your hormonal weakness could be related to the condition for which you are taking the Fluphenazine. When you strengthen your hormonal system, it might help the other problems you have. I would like to know more information about this issue you've had and what the other symptoms are. Many times I find a thyroid imbalance at the root of this. There are a lot of things you can do to heal your brain and nervous system including herbs, essential oils and more.

If you take the conventional prescribed hormones or thyroid, it can help these issues, but the downside is because of hormonal feedback mechanisms in your body, it can shut down these organs so they can literally shrink. Then you will chase symptoms caused by the other endocrine organs as they are all connected and they work together.

Herbs work in a different way. They gradually strengthen organs instead of giving you the big result up front, they provide a more gradual, but permanent effect so that eventually you may not need them at all. The research on dong quai shows that it can help increase and facilitate the messaging/ communication between all of the endocrine organs, so that they all work better, and not just the organ for which you're taking a remedy. The interesting thing here is that research is now showing that other organs in your body (such as cells in the intestinal lining) can produce female hormones, so it's not just about your ovaries. Herbs can help stimulate the production of these needed hormones from your entire body and not just from the affected organs.
That's easy. A good quality Evening Primrose oil and a Target formula for thyroid/pituitary.

No side effects or interactions.
Wild Yam creme (topical) may be used instead of HRT (hormone replacement therapy). It makes the skin look more youthful and moisturizes. It decreases hot flashes. Vitamin E is also helpful in rejuvenating tissue membranes and hot flashes. Valerian may also assist with other symptoms such as migraines, sweating and irritability.
Margaret Bailey
The best thing you can do, is stop treating your symptoms and treat the cause. A good licensed Naturopathic Physician can help you with that.
Theo Christodoulakis
Seems like you are someone who should have been on HRT and Bio-identical HRT long ago, and probably evaluated for Lyme disease given you are on an Dopamine blocker. A lot of unanswered questions here.