All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

RE: Women's Supplements

Hello!

I'm having some issues with menopause and wanted to purchase an herbal supplement to help elevate hot flashes, vaginal dryness etc. Would the ingredients below interact with my injection of Flupehazine I receive every 3 weeks?

#1 Botanical Ingredients: Dong Quai Root, Chaste Tree Berry, Wild Yam Root, Damiana Leaf, Licorice Root, Hops Flower

If not, any recommendations besides progesterone cream that wont react??
Poster
  • Female | 54 years old
  • Ethnicity: Other / Decline to State
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 129lbs
  • Medications: Fluphenazine (injection every 3 weeks)

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Theo Christodoulakis, NMD Naturopathic Doctor, Chandler
Vague question: "Some issues.....?"

......help elevate hot flashes?

Bottom line: "after having spent time practicing medicine in Okinawa, Japan, I must say that women use these herbals often without complication or sequelae. However, they also eat a very clean, organic, primarily vegetarian diet, and they also continued to perform physical labor well into their 8th and 9th decade of life. Given my experiences with eastern and western medicine, I have not yet encountered an adverse drug/herb interaction with fluphenazine in mind."
Jeffrey Ruterbusch
1 UpVoted this answer
No Contraindication with herbal remedies.

Dr. George Grant, Ph.D.www.academyofwellness.com ;www.your101ways.com
George Grant
Please see a Functional Medicine Doctor in your area to get everything evaluated and brought to balance.
Farid Rooh
Nope, not at all. In my opinion you can take this meds and feel safe.

Read more here:

http://www.vivahealthylife.com/portfolio-item/phytotherapy-herbology/
at the beginning you may get away with interaction, however as this estrogenic plant based dietary supplement start to create hormonal imbalance, then interactions should more prominent.

best
I would suggest the pH Miracle Woman's Support formula which has all the above ingredients. www.phoreveryoung.com
Progesterone cream, as you know, does not solve the problem. It just masks it. So does the injection you take. On the right homeopathic remedies the symptoms you are taking that for can improve, because the schizophrenia or other condition means that there is something not correct in the nervous system.

I like homeopathic remedies because they do not have interactions with drugs at all. Homeopathics are different from herbs in that they are dilute and more specific for your symptoms. Since I don't know your symptoms, I cannot recommend one, but you can try Hyland's Menopause tablets.

I also like Osteoben from Designs for Health. My patients also like Estrovera from Metagenics (only available from your healthcare provider). These are both VERy effective! Find your local naturopath atwww.naturopathic.org for a provider who is actually trained in herbal medicine.
If the company has no NSF certification, the label means nothing. Quality is everything if a product is supposed to work.
Wild Yam creme is topical so there should not be any interaction. Chaste Berry Tea may be safer to consume. Before taking any supplements you should check with your healthcare practitioner just to make sure.
Margaret Bailey
what is the dose and strength of the supplements that you are taking? What is your diagnosis? have you been tested for hormonal imbalance? are you low in Progesterone or estrogen? how is your testosterone levels? Many un-answered questions for a licensed physician to give a good answer.

The best thing to do is look for a licensed naturopathic physician in your state to help you with natural approach to your health problem
Theo Christodoulakis