All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Herpies

Hello I was just told that one of my partners who I had sex with has herpies he did not have any outbreaks he had a blood work done thats how he got the results. I gave him a blow job about two weeks ago, does anyone know the likelyhood of me having this virus. I do not have any sores in my mouth or in my vagina there is slight irritation little discharge, it is only slightly sore. I assumed this was from irration due to treatment for bv I was on last week.
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: Predisone
  • Conditions: Allergic reaction -undetermined cause being treated for this right now. Not related issue

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Herpes Simplex Virus is a highly contagious virus that comes in 2 types. Type I is mainly oral and is very common, it is the virus that causes cold sores. Type II is mainly genital . The virus takes 12 to 21 days to incubate, and it can be transmitted even when a person does not have an outbreak. A blood test now would establish whether you already have been exposed to either type prior to now, and a follow up blood test in 3 months will tell you whether the virus has been transmitted to you . The chance of transmission without an out break is said to be 'low' probably about 1 % .
Kyle A Baker
Hello,

Your risk of getting Herpes from one act of oral sex and /or vaginal intercourse is low. However, it is not impossible and it may take several weeks up to 6 months for a lesion to develop or a blood test to pick it up.

Even in the absence of a lesion the virus can be transmitted.

I would recommend getting a blood test for Herpes 1 and 2 in 3 months and again at 6 months. Also you should use a condom with this partner if you continue to have relations with him. Actually you should use condoms with all partners as a general rule but in particular with anyone new who you do not know their STD status.

I hope this helps you.
Nancy E. Bass
We have a saying in radiology that goes, "To see is to know, to not see is to guess.". Go get tested!

In the future, get yourself in any and all partners tested prior to further activity. Using protection is also highly recommended.

www.discoverhealth.us
Individuals with herpes (HSV) can have asymptomatic (no pain or visual lesions) shedding of HSV that is why they should always use a condom. Also many people have positive HSV blood tests that shows they have already been infected with either the HSV 1 (labial or oral) or HSV 2 (genital) herpes virus. Since your sexual encounter has been 2 weeks ago I would think that by now you would have symptoms that would be much worse than "slight irritation". Many people do not know this but "cold sores" are from HSV 1. Think about all the people you know with cold sores and you can see why so many people already have the herpes virus. It would be worth having your blood tested for both HSV 1 and 2 and this can be done by any health care provider. Good luck and remember to use condoms.
Herpes Simplex is found in and around the oral cavity, commonly called fever blisters and is quite common. Most folks "carry" the virus but it is sub clinical. Genital Herpes is slightly transferable when in the subclinical state but highly so if clinical. See your MD for a blood test.
William E. Bussey
The best way to find out is to get a blood test by your doctor.
In this situation,the likelihood of getting the virus(Herpes) is 50/50. Which is not helpful answer. I think it wise to see a gynecologist for evaluation& pelvic exam.
Victor Shabanah