All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Always feeling unwell

Hi.. I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy with everything removed including cervix .. Felt ok after 2 weeks but then suffered very heavy bleed which hospital put down to an internal bruise which burst! Since I have been feeling very tired, achy with a niggling pain in lower abdomen and back, as well as watery discharge! And the hot flashes are intense and regular.
Poster
  • Female | 49 years old
  • Complaint duration: 24 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 62
  • Weight: 198lbs
  • Medications: Sertraline 100mg per day
  • Conditions: Depression and post op menopause
  • Hospitalizations: Laparoscopic total hysterectomy, cervix removed

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

You really need some homeopathic and herbal support for your female hormones. Hot flashes occur because your body wasn't expecting to have its ovaries removed suddenly. This causes a dramatic drop in estrogen. I have seen homeopathic and naturopathic therapies reduce and/or eliminate hot flashes. Let's heal from the surgery and address your hormonal imbalance. Remember, the fact that you had a hysterectomy tells me that there has been a hormonal imbalance for many years. Taking out the organ does not reverse that. That will take much time, but balancing your hormones is essential to overall health. I imagine you might have thyroid issues as well, as those tend to correlate with female hormones issues, so it would be a good idea to get that checked.
You need to see the doc that performed your surgery as soon as possible to be evaluated for an infected hematoma/abscess.
When you say you had "everything" removed I am assuming you mean the ovaries and tubes were also removed. Your hot flashes would be a natural consequence if this is indeed the case. You did not say why you had your surgery. I am not sure why you needed your ovaries removed if you were still menstruating. You may have had a vaginal cuff hematoma (a clot) that came through the sutures in the back of your vagina where the cervix was removed. The watery discharge concerns me you may have a cuff separation or a fistula from either the ureters (the tubes from your kidney to the bladder) or the bladder to your vagina. I would definitely see the gynecologist who did your surgery and have an exam. You should also talk to her/him about treatment for your hot flashes. Good luck
I am sorry that this surgery has left you feeling crummy. Having had a hysterectomy myself, I am concerned about your symptoms. Something is "off". I agree with the physicians who have responded to you that you need to have a follow up right away. Trust your intuition!
I would suggest following up with the surgeon who did the hysterectomy. The discharge could be normal following the procedure but could also be a warning sign of a problem. Hot flashes following the removal of your ovaries would anticipated. Depending on your overall health and indication for the hysterectomy you may be a candidate for hormone replacement therapy.
I am sorry u are not feeling well. Very important to do 2things URGENTLY:1.see another gynecologist to examine u(do a pelvic exam). 2. Hot flashes or depression are signs of very low estrogen. Gynecologists prescribe horse urine estrogen which raises the risk for cancer. I use bio-identical estrogen&progesterone which are safer. my phone is 954-290-3461
Victor Shabanah
first you need to be on estrogen which will get rid of the hot flashes

you need to contact the GYN who did your surgery for an evaluation
Michael Birnbaum
Hysterectomy was done because of years of very heavy and painful periods .. I went to my GP today and had a urine test which came back suggesting blood in urine .. Although the sample itself looked normal! Now having blood tests and vaginal scan next month to further investigate!
Poster
Hysterectomy was done because of years of very heavy and painful periods .. I went to my GP today and had a urine test which came back suggesting blood in urine .. Although the sample itself looked normal! Now having blood tests and vaginal scan next month to further investigate!
Poster
Without knowing why you had a total hysterectomy I can't coment on whether estrogen replacement would be apropriate for you or not. The symptoms are most likely from a surgical menopause as well as possible anemia. You should consult a gynecologist about testing for anemia and ask whether estrogen replacement is an option for you.