All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Moving hard knot no bigger than my pinky nail

I've had this for about a year now but just noticed it has grown a bit... I can move it around a little but it always stays on the top of my foot (under the skin). It does cause pain a little while wearing shoes and or touching it sometimes. I have soonercare and I'd like to remove it if possible. Is this anything serious? Any advice would be so much appreciated!
Poster
  • 21 years old
  • Complaint duration: 1 day
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: 165lbs
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: Scoliosis

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

The main thing to consider is what type of lesion it is. The only major danger is if the lesion is associated with a blood vessel or nerve, as damage can be done to these structures if it is removed. Your surgeon should be able to make an appropriate evaluation of the issue and assist you in its removal.
Monitor it. If it keeps bothering you, just get it cut out. It's a really fast recovery when they are that small.
This hard knot under the skin can be a ganglion cyst which is an enlargement of a tendon sheath after an injury. You should have it checked out by a Podiatrist.
Corinne Kauderer
Although this could be many things, it appears to be a ganglionic cyst. Drainage may provide an either temporary or permanent solution. Only a submission of this tissue and fluid can accuratly give a definitive diagnosis, however. Good luck.
Many different types of soft tissue masses can appear on the foot and ankle. A ganglion cyst is one common possibility and is basically a herniation of a tendon sheath. Sometimes, extracting the fluid from the mass after having the area numbed with a local anesthetic can help diagnose and resolve a ganglion cyst. Many other types of soft tissue masses are also possible. The fact that the mass is movable is encouraging that it is benign and can be readily removed. For a more formal diagnosis and treatment plan, see a local podiatrist.
GO TO A PODIATRIST, GET AN XRAY AND A BIOPSY.

DR. FORENCE PETERS
Florence L. Peters
Most likely a ganglion cyst. Schedule a visit with a podiatrist soon befoe it gets larger.Avoid shoes that irritate it.
Jerald Askin
My other colleagues have provided good advice. See your local podiatrist for evaluation and treatment which may include aspiration/steroid injection. Diagnostic options, including ultrasound and MRI are a possibility. Surgery should only be considered if conservative measures fail.
Looks like a ganglionic cyst. Go to your Podiatrist. He can aspirate it or if necessary surgically remove it. If it doesn't bother you , you can leave it alone.
Jay D. Helman
This is a small fibroma, a benign cyst. Ignore it unless it has symptoms. If it becomes symptomatic, I would have it removed by a board certified foot and ankle surgeon.
Sloan Gordon