All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

broken tooth

My tooth broken completely at the bottom on Saturday but the molar top part connect to the gums has not come out. The gums are starting to hurt a little and a little swollen. I do not know if I such go to a dentist on Monday or an oral surgeon but my insurance medicaid with health first doesn't start until April 1,2015. They told me medicaid pays 3 months back.I have no idea what they are going to do since the Molar Is gone At The Bottom but still have Pieces In side.
Poster
  • 53 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: Motrin 499 mg
  • Conditions: Rheumatic fever history

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

3 UpVoted this answer Anna Belous, DDS Dentist, Rochester Stephanie Collins, DDS Dentist, Flagstaff
It sounds to me like your broken tooth needs to be evaluated by a dentist as soon as you can. I will bet that you have had a very large mercury-based filling that has now broken. Time, habits and/or hard food stuffs are the likely culprits. The filling and possibly part of the tooth are now gone. A dentist visit is vitally needed to diagnose the problem before any treatment can be provided. Your medical history is important too so don't forget to mention it to the dentist. The longer you wait, the more expensive the treatment typically gets, so don't delay, regardless of your type or lack of insurance. You can call your local dental society for advice and perhaps a referral. Good luck!
2 UpVoted this answer Anna Belous, DDS Dentist, Rochester
You are at risk for Infectious Endocarditis( infection of the lining of the heart). Bacteria from the broken tooth/ gum swelling you describe can enter the blood strem and travel to previously injured heart valves that you may have due to your history of Rheumatic Fever. You need to start taking Antibiotics as soon as possible and also take care of the broken tooth without delay.Insurance should be a secondary concern.
2 UpVoted this answer Anna Belous, DDS Dentist, Rochester
Please see a dentist as soon as you can. Waiting until April can make things worse with the possibility of infection and pain. Try to find a dentist that accepts Medicaid. Once you have an exam and find out what treatment is needed you can better decide how and when to proceed. Do not risk an infection and other health problems.
1 UpVoted this answer
Please do not delay treatment! You are risking having a infection that can spread and can end up in the emergency room. The costs to the emergency room will end up being much more than a tooth extraction. Do not put your health at risk.
1 UpVoted this answer
Please sir, see a dentist immediately. you obviously have a serious decay problem and infection if your molar is broken down that much. Your overall health demands immediate treatment. Do not delay.
William E. Bussey
1 UpVoted this answer
You will need an evaluation, so you can determine what treatment is best for your situation. It is better to have the evaluation as soon as possible. Do not wait for your coverage to become active. Your health is at risk !
Brian S. Nylaan, D.D.S.
1 UpVoted this answer
You will need to see a Oral Surgeon. The tooth is broken under the gumline and needs to be surgically removed.
Cody McGarry
1 UpVoted this answer
At the minimum, see a dentist or an oral surgeon for a diagnosis. Try to see a dentist that accepts Medicaid or initially see a dentist that offers a free consultation. You may have an infection that requires medication. Then, you can decide what type of procedure you want to schedule based on options, cost, and insurance coverage. Don't allow the problem to get worse before seeking help.
1 UpVoted this answer
your tooth is fractured

see an oral surgeon

bring a valid credit card
Harvey Shuster
1 UpVoted this answer
See the oral surgeon soon since infections can develop, food impaction, and gum problems in that area