All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

emotional

I'm getting mad.... i stay normal all the time, but sometime when anything annoys me i get mad. start fighting, throwing things, yelling, get overwhelmed, etc. What is happening to me?
Poster
  • Male | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 45 days
  • Ethnicity: Other Asian
  • Height: 70.5
  • Weight: 161lbs
  • Medications: been taking mind relaxing and alerting drugs... according to prescription
  • Conditions: yes, but not anything like this before
  • Hospitalizations: never

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
I would agree with everybody who responded previously. Everybody's right: your condition can be caused by multiple problems – your medications, your nonprescription substances, even a mood disorder or impulse control disorder. It seems like you have a doctor who prescribed the medications. Talk to him and then ask the question again but this time with more details. Good luck.
Mark Shukhman
1 UpVoted this answer
You are suffering from mood dysregulation. It may be caused by either biological abnormalities in your brain, or by your circumstances. Are you still in High School? Have you talked to your parents or your school counselors? Find a supportive adult and ask for help. This could get worse if you don't get help.
Sayeh Beheshti
1 UpVoted this answer
Your question implies that your degree of anger is way out of proportion to the situation you are reacting to.Your meds could be a contributing factor and ceasing each sequentially would tell if that is the case. Consult with your doctor first. If the rageful outbursts do not cease you could also have an underlying Bipolar condition which I would want to rule out by a thorough psychological evaluation.
Richard Schmitt
1 UpVoted this answer
It is not a simple answer. Often times we see anger and we think bipolar disorder - but I try to not hone on this too quickly. Specific symptoms are required for the diagnosis of hypomania/mania. Increased anger can point to underlying issues of depression or anxiety, as well. However, there may not be "clinical" diagnosis. There can be unresolved conflicts with friends, loved ones, etc. which are causing difficulty because those are not being recognized and processed ... I would consider something like bipolar disorder or mood disorder after a careful assessment, but not think of it as the most common reason for this. There are also other concerns potentially such as intermittent explosive disorder, etc that could be considered. I think a consultation with a mental health professional is wise. If there are no clear symptoms highlighting a diagnosis or diagnoses, or perhaps in addition, I would speak with a primary care doctor about any physical work up to be done as well. Lastly, if you are taking medications/drugs, these could be impacting your mood also.
1 UpVoted this answer
Too difficult to answer without more information but I would be careful, especially if you are on medication, to get checked for bipolar disorder. Hypomania can result in irritability and explosive outbursts. Certain medications can precipitate hypomania, or have other side effects that result in irritability and loss of impulse control. (Differential diagnosis includes unlikely possibilities, eg explosive disorder, temporal lobe seizures, etc.)
Robert Hoffman
1 UpVoted this answer
It's common for things to happen that are annoying, but we don't have to resort to yelling and fighting when they do. A psychologist can help you explore the kinds of thinking that may be implicated in your explosive outbursts and teach you alternative ways of thinking, feeling and behaving that are more consistent with your goals & objectives.
Michael Catalanello
1 UpVoted this answer
Dear emotional,

The first place to start is to get a complete physical check up to be certain the problem is not physical. Next I would recommend an appointment with a psychologist trained in family systems and substance abuse issues.

The emotions you are talking about expressing are as we say "bigger than the event." Explosions of anger indicate an underlying issue that has not been addressed and / or a combination of drugs, prescription medication and or other substances that are contraindicated for combining.

Training in anger management, boundary setting, and relaxation exercises may need to be put into place as you deal with the underlying issues.

The psychologist needs to be in consultation with your medical doctor and or psychiatrist to make sure that the prescribed medications are working well for you and if not to monitor or change the dosage or medication. I would want to know how long you have been on the medication as drugs reverse tolerance after three or four months time. Long term use can cause the drug to reverse the intended action or reaction to the original symptoms. Dr. Phyllis Davis. The Journey Pathways to Healing
Dr. Phyllis E. Davis
1 UpVoted this answer
There are many medical and psychiatric conditions that could be causing this. Please go to your regular doctor or to a qualified mental health professional for an evaluation.
Michael Eberlin
1 UpVoted this answer
What you need to understand is that you are experiencing some form of impulse control disorder. It is either learned behavior, maladaptive reactions to events around you, an organic reaction to the medications or stimulants you're ingesting, your brain chemistry or a combination of these factors. I would encourage you to start with a psychiatrist who specializes in working with adolescents to clarify the impact the meds and stimulants you're taking have on you. Good luck and please don't try to "fix" this in your own - you don't sound like you want it to continue or get worse.
Joshua Kates
I agree with Dr. Singh, not a simple answer, but here is a question, have you had a bump on the head? Ever had a bump to the point of seeing starts? If so, you may have had a concussion. Concussions are very sneaky. The symptoms vary from loosing temper to poor concentration to depression or anxiety
Grant T. Bright