All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Gum pain

I've had this bad tooth for about 4 years now. I'm only 21 and haven't been able to afford a dentist. Its got to the point where there is a hole in my gums and it is black and sometimes so painful it makes me just want to die. Yesterday I noticed this bad pain in my glands right under the tooth and that night I noticed my glands are swollen
Poster
  • Female | 21 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Jeffrey M. Behar, DDS, FAGD Dentist, Towson
"it makes me just want to die" -- wait long enough and you just might. Check out your local dental school. They should be able to help for low cost.
David Hickman
There are free dental clinics all across the country. Find one and go there immediately! Waiting too long will cause more problems and there is a high likelihood you could end up in the hospital if the issue isn't take care of soon.
Perhaps there is a low cost clinic, dental school clinic, or a county dental clinic? There might be dentists in your area that will try to meet your needs and assist in arranging a payment plan. Don't delay treatment. The most conservative treatment is what you do now! Don't wait. Also after you are out of pain, consider looking into state funded programs such as Medicaid that may assist in helping you access dental care . Good luck!
You must see a dentist asap. You have a chronic infection that now has become acute. I am sure there are certain things in your personal life that you can forgo to get this treated. Most cities have a certain day for pro bono treatment. You may not should wait until you get on that list. It is bes to see your dentist, explain your financial position, and see what he may have to offer.
William E. Bussey
I am sorry to hear of your pain and suffering. Is your comment about not being able to afford a dentist based on anything factual? Did you go to the dentist or local clinic and find out there was nothing that could be done within your budget? You have many option when it comes to dentistry, the first of which is to take proper care at home. It is not normal for a tooth to turn black and become painful. Those conditions take a lot of neglect and need to be resolved. The comments below offer many avenues to pursue and I suggest you chose at least one.
Please see a dentist and ask for a payment plan. This will make you sick and drain your energy if left any longer .
You need to see a dentist ASAP. If you cannot afford dental treatment there is several options for you. Many dentists now offer some type of payment plan including care-credit. If you still cannot afford the treatment call your local dental schools. This is not something you can fix on your own. Good Luck
Get to a surgeon asap. You might have an abscess or swollen glands. Professional care is necessary for your health
Seth Black
your age is on your side however with the symptoms you have and the amount of time that has passed it looks like an extraction might be the best option to solve the pain and infection. As this can spread and be a health issue the sooner the better!
your age is on your side however with the symptoms you have and the amount of time that has past it looks like an extraction might be the best option to solve the pain and infection. As this can spread and be a health issue the sooner the better!