All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Vacination

Do I need a measles vac if I .had them as a child. I am 70
Poster
  • Male | 70 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
You don't need it but if you are worried that you may not have immunity then it's best you see your primary care physician and have a MMR titer drawn. If your titers are in the normal range then that would suggest immunity and therefore no need of getting the vaccine.
No
Ajay Pathak
no
Mario Alvarez
My apology for the poorly stated question, I actually had all the childhood illnesses, measles, mumps, etc. I only received the small pox vac as a child. I have had the pneumonia and shingles vaccine.
Poster
If you live in a state with known measles outbreaks or even worse, a city with measles cases, and you have high exposure to people (bank teller, movie theater worker, or planned tourist travel to a high risk area, etc.) it might be a good idea to get a booster however, most "stay at home-type" persons are at low risk for contracting measles.
Generally speaking, the short answer is no! It may be prudent to get a measles titer, to confirm your immunity status.
NO needs for measles vaccine at your age, since having a viral illness gives you immunity ... however, you should probably consider pneumonia vaccine, Shingles vaccine or Zostavax.
That's a good question, and one that does not have a very good answer! The MMR (Measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine was developed somewhere around 1956, so it's not clear whether you would have received the vaccine or not, as the vaccine was originally given at age 15 months, without a booster. Currently the vaccine is given at age 12 months and a booster at school entry. More than likely you are immune to mumps and rubella, but measles is less certain. If you have no other health conditions that would impact your vaccination status, the wisest course would be to test you for antibody to measles (to prove or disprove immunity), or, simple to have the vaccine. We are still waiting on clear guidance from CDC to know what should be done in cases such as yours. All that said, the most important thing for you to be concerned about is that all your grandchildren have received al of their vaccinations appropriate to their ages!
John G. Van Derwood