All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What to do?

Right after eating fish i have smoked with a mug of milk, and now my chest and stomach is burning, as if theres acid in both

What should i do now?
Poster
  • Male | 19 years old
  • Ethnicity: Other Asian
  • Height: 70.5
  • Weight: 161lbs
  • Medications: been taking mind relaxing and alerting drugs... according to prescription
  • Conditions: yes, but not anything like this before
  • Hospitalizations: never

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
The fastest solution may be a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a cup of water. But long term you may actually need more stomach acid (called hydrochloric acid) and not less. along with digestive enzymes. If the stomach has too little acid, food will ferment, causing bloating and irritation. Long term use of acid blocking medication may lead to B12 deficiency, causing mental health issues, as well as other nutritional deficiencies. Food is supposed to be broken down by stomach acid so that nutrients can be absorbed. Also, check to see if there are digestive side-effects from the prescription medication you are taking.
Try over the counter acid reflux medications like Prilosec for a week. If Symptoms does not get better or get worst please see a foctor
Ajay Pathak
As below, try Zantac or Pepcid. If this gets rid of your symptoms, then the symptoms are likely from acid reflux. If this becomes a common problem or if the medicines do not help your symptoms, see your doctor.
Check with your health provider to possibly discover having present problematic symptoms of "acid-reflux". If this is the probblem, then consume more fruit, nuts, whole-grains & vegetables....OK??!! Thanks for your cooperation...
You may be having symptoms of acid reflux. Drinking ample amounts of water may help as well as consuming probiotics such as yogurt. There may be bacteria in your GI tract causing this sensation. Also consuming whole grain foods and foods high in fiber should alleviate the problem.
Margaret Bailey
Heartburn can first be treated with H2 Blocker such as Zantac or Pepcid. If this is a recurrent issues, you should use a PPI such as omeprazole. If you continue to have symptoms, I would recommend a medical evaluation.
Marlow Hernandez
THis is very unclear. Did you smoke with a mug of milk? or did you eat fish you had smoked? Chest and stomach burning is not always due to heartburn, but most often, symptoms of sour taste in mouth, burping and burning in the middle of the chest can be due to reflux. Most reflux treatments are sold over the counter, but I recommend that you try probiotics if you really have an upset stomach.
Drink some aloe vera juice
Digestive enzymes are best in the long run but I am assuming you want a short term solution. A half teaspoon of baking soda can help put out the fire for now. then I would suggest you use digestive enzymes. I would also like to know if you have had problems with milk before. Many people are allergic to dairy.
Linda Lambert
The best thing to do for digestive problems like this is to take digestive enzymes , Dr Loomis has a blend called Enzyme Solutions Formula 12 STM , that is very effective for challenges lie you're experiencing , if you need more information or would like to have us send you a bottle , please contact us : clinic@ar4h.com
Dr. Clair  W.  Zimmerman