All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

skipped period on triphasic

Hi, Ive been on triquilar for 5 months and I skipped my period the first time by just skipping the sugar pills and opening a new pack. However, I think I did it wrong. I started off at the top of the new pack and after 7 days of the first row of pills, I'm experiencing sore breath and withdrawal bleeding. What should I do?
Poster
  • Female | 27 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Hi, I think you skipped your period the right way by starting a new pack on the sugar days, however, because you are taking triphasic pills breast tenderness and break through bleeding can occur when you skip a period. I would continue to take the pill and hopefully the bleeding will stop. If you are uncomfortable the best thing to do is to call your doctor and make a plan with them.
This is quite common. Your physician can help you get back on track.
First you need a pregnancy test to assure that you accidentally did not get pregnant. Then I would use something like Seasonique.
It is reasonable to attempt to skip a menses by doing just what you did. You should continue taking your pills and finish your cycle. If you want to have fewer menses, it would be better to use a product designed for that like Seasonal.
You didn't do anything wrong, however it is usually easier to avoid having a period if you are taking a monophasic rather than a triphasic pill. The breast tenderness is very common. The bleeding is also common. You have two choices. You can stop taking your pill for 5 days and just have your period and then start back on your pack where you left off, or you could just continue and hope the bleeding stops on its own. If you plan on trying to skip a period in the future I would have your provider switch you to a momphasic pill. Good luck.
Maybe this is the right pill for you, maybe it's not. Maybe you got the directions correctly, maybe not. I encourage you to call your treating physician with your symptoms as soon as you can so you can feel better and see if the prescription needs to be refined. I hope you feel better soon!