All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

blisters on my upper lip

I have these little spots of blisters on my upper lip what are they?
Poster
  • Male | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 1 day
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Eric Spieler, DMD Dentist, Bala Cynwyd Glenn A. MacFarlane, DMD Dentist, Red Bank
Perfectly normal Fordyce Granules. Don,t worry.
Arnold J. Malerman
2 UpVoted this answer Glenn A. MacFarlane, DMD Dentist, Red Bank
I agree with Dr Browning as these are Fordyce spots caused by oil glands in the lip's transparent skin. They are benign and quite common if you look closely.
Alan Semion
I agree they are most likely Fordyces granules. I would not worry about them if they are not giving you pain
I agree with the other doctors. They do look like Fordyce Granules. These are enlarged sebaceous ( fatty glands)
I think they are most likely Fordyces granules. I would have them checked by my dentist or physician but would not lose any sleep over them.
Timothy Agapas
I think they are most likely Fordyces granules. I would have them checked by my dentist or physician but would not lose any sleep over them.
Timothy Agapas
2 UpVoted this answer Douglas B. Weber, DDS Dentist, Lancaster Glenn A. MacFarlane, DMD Dentist, Red Bank
They look like fordyce spots. Enlarged sebaceous glands. Nothing to worry about.
2 UpVoted this answer Douglas B. Weber, DDS Dentist, Lancaster Glenn A. MacFarlane, DMD Dentist, Red Bank
Could be fever blister or contact dermatitis to toothpaste or something like that For fever blister use Abreva 3times a day For contact hydrocortisone cream 2 times a day Might check with your girlfriends
Melvin Elson
1 UpVoted this answer Glenn A. MacFarlane, DMD Dentist, Red Bank
They appear to be normal gland tissue that often appears as white/creamy white dots on the lip. If so, they do not come and go, but will be present most of the time. It is never painful, so if you are feeling any discomfort, it is not gland tissue. I am only guessing this is what it is based on the photographic appearance. More information would be needed in order to have a better idea of what it is.
Kevin Boulard
1 UpVoted this answer
Small white bumps can appear on lips because of many different causes therefore you should see a doctor for an accurate diagnosis. From the picture posted I would say these are Fordyce Granules: small whitish/ yellow papules that tend to appear commonly on the borders of the lip. They are sebaceous glands(oily glands) and are found in 80-95% of adult population. Fordyce spots are benign, non-contagious and do not require treatment.