All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Sick

I am 24 weeks pregnant. I have had a sore throat for over 36 hours and nothing is helping soothe it. It hurts to swallow my saliva and I have had a decrease in appetite. What should I do?
Poster
  • Female | 23 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: Children's tylenol

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Your OB doctor can treat this condition (Upper Respiratory Infection) with medication that's appropriate and safe during pregnancy.
Drink tea with lemon and honey. Also try gargling with one part water and one part hydrogen peroxide. Also, vinegar and water makes a good gargle. Taking the RDA of Vitamin C may be helpful as well.
Margaret Bailey
Based on the severity of your symptoms I would get a throat culture and probably start treating you with an antibiotic while the results are pending.
Mix 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt in 6 oz of very warm water , and throat gargle , several mouthfuls repeatly , then , mix a fresh batch every hour & repeat until sore throat subsides
Dr. Clair  W.  Zimmerman
Because you are pregnant! You do not want to take any chance that you may have Strep throat. if you have a fever you need antibiotics. Make sure you are taking your vitamins and stay off sugar, increase your protein with Protein smoothies. If your sore throat is viral instead of bacterial do not take antibiotics! Rest and do nutritious smoothies, vitamins and green juices
The most likely diagnosis is a virus of some sort. When you're pregnant these can actually occur more frequently since you're somewhat immunocompromised (immune system isn't in tip top shape). That said it can also become a bacterial infection more quickly because of this as well.

I'd recommend plenty of fluids and rest. Avoid medications if possible but many otc products are safe at this point in pregnancy. If you aren't getting better in several days or if you get worse then it's worth being seen.
Sumeet K. Goel
there is a product called silver shield that you can gargle with and swallow without side effects