All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

How to insert a tampon correctly?

I am going through my period right now and I have never inserted a tampon before. I am having many issues inserting it. First it hurts. Second it just won't go in. I am using a plastic insert. I have gotten it in about a centimeter in but then it just won't go any farther. I was wondering if you had any tips on how to insert it. Also should I go see a gynecologist?
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 9 days
  • Conditions: Vaginitis. On my period.

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

It's best to be checked to find out why the tampon couldn't be inserted.
The first few times inserting a tampon can be uncomfortable. Make sure you are using the smallest, slimmest available at first. Using some lubricant such as K-Y Jelly can help as well. If you do not seem to be able to insert the tampon past a centimeter without pain, I would advise a visit to your gynecologist to ensure that you do not have any unusual anatomical conditions, such as an imperforate hymen. This can usually be addressed pretty easily with minimal discomfort. Best of luck!
First try to insert a single finger into your vagina, preferably with a little lubrication, even water. If this goes well, then try the tampon again with a little lubrication on the tip.

If still unable to do then a visit to a gyn will likely evaluate anatomy and also how to accomplish this task.

Best wishes
I would advise to see if you can place your little finger in easily. If this works try the slenderest OB tampon which may be easier. If this does not work then visit a GYN to make sure there are no anatomy problems. The first few tampons are always uncomfortable. Be patient.
Anytime you have questions, I would recommend visiting your OB GYN or Family Clinic! Good luck & Healthy living.
Yes, you should see a gynecologist. You might have an imperforate hymen, which allows menstrual blood to exit

but is too small of an opening for a tampon, or intercourse. It is not hard to fix, but may involve use of anesthetic.