All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What is the best toothpaste?

I have seen lots of commercials for toothpaste and I have been given Crest by past dentists.
Poster

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Most tooth pastes are very similar. I recommend that you use one that has the ADA seal of approval on it and fluoride in it. The most important thing is that you are brushing often ( 2-3 times daily) and for long enough duration (2-3 min.) .
1 UpVoted this answer
The right toothpaste depends on what you are looking for: whitening? tarter control? caries control?

Any toothpaste with fluoride should be good for your teeth.
1 UpVoted this answer
There are many good toothpastes. Today there toothpastes for specialized needs. I like Crest whitening pastes for me.
Neil R. Woods
1 UpVoted this answer
All are fine. If you have sensitive teeth use a sensitivity toothpaste and avoid whitening toothpastes. If you have no issues, anything is fine. If you have dry mouth, avoid toothpastes with sodium lauryl sulfate. There are ones without it. Do not succumb to advertising, as it's just that
Anthony Prezioso
Use any toothpaste that you enjoy as long as it has the ADA accepted symbol on it.

I like Crest.
Brian L. Kirkwood, DDS
The best toothpaste is the one that works best for you and that you will consistently use. All commercially available toothpastes are good in their own right and can be effective, as long as a good technique and frequency is used (along with flossing!)
Most toothpastes are relatively the same. If you tend to build up tartar, use a tartar control toothpaste. If you have sensitivity, use Sensodyne. Is you want whitening toothpaste, the American Dental Association did a study a few years ago and found Ultrabrite (~$1.00/tube) as the best whitening toothpaste.

Which kind you use is not nearly as important as brushing thoroughly for 2 minutes morning and night.
Justin Dugas
On toothpaste I will go against the pack and suggest NO FLUORIDE! Fluoride competes with iodine in the thyroid, causes brittle bones and teeth, and a Harvard study showed fluoride lowers IQ in children. I recommend fluoride free Spry toothpaste that uses xylitol to sweeten the paste and reduce cavities by attacking the bacteria without harm to the human.
Daniel B. Strader
Most toothpaste with fluoride are the same. The come in pretty colors and boxes and claim to do all kinds of things like whiten and remove tartar but the paste is just the lubricant for toothpaste. Using a good soft bristle brush is more important than the type of toothpaste
Mike Huggins
The marketing done by toothpaste companies make it difficult to make a choice. Find a toothpaste that you like and use it. Fluoride is important. I usually recommend a basic toothpaste to my patients unless there is a specific condition where they would benefit from something else. But in reality you can remove plaque effectively without toothpaste. So find something that you like and use it consistently.