All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

benign uterus tumor

These run in my family. All women on my mothers side have gotten them. How worried should I be that I will get them? is there anyway I can know? I am at the same age they all got them. What will it feel like if I have them? Could this affect my chance of having children ever?
Poster

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
There's no cause for concern if your Ob-Gyn finds out that you don't have Fibroids.

There's a connection between Vitamin D deficiency and Fibroids. Your doctor can have you get a simple blood test and if you need to have prescription strength Vitamin D, you can take this regularly to help avoid having Fibroid tumors in the future.
All that really matters with fibroids (benign muscle tumors of uterus that 25-50% of women will have typically in 30's and 40's) is if you have any debilitating symptoms: Heavy or prolonged periods, severe cramps, pelvic pressure or pain, urinary frequency. Rarely do fibroids affect fertility, typically if the fibroid is pushing into the uterine cavity or is large. This can be determined on pelvic sonogram.

Medicine may control symptoms such as bleeding, typically it will require a procedure or surgery to remove fibroids so it's important that fibroids are causing real problems and you don't act just because they are present.
You are talking about fibroid tumors aka: leiomyoma . You are right: fibroids run in families.

Fibroids are benign tumors of the uterus. They are made of normal uterine tissue growing in an abnormal way causing a tumorous growth. They appear most often after the age of 40 and can cause bleeding, pain and personal discomfort. Treatment is only considered if fibroids cause symptoms. Fibroids can be small ( less than 1 cm) or large ( greater than 5 cm). They can be single or multiple. Depending on the size and/or number, you or your doctor will be able to palpate or feel them. The best way to diagnose fibroids is by ultrasound which can describe both the size and location of fibroids. When found in women of childbearing age they are not usually a contraindication to attempting conception nor do they cause infertility.
Adrienne E. Lara
Fibroids are veey common and usually have no impact. The only time w start looking for them is when you have problems, pain, bleeding, or leaking. Otherwise an annual exam is sufficient.
Carlos I. Gabriel