All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

teething

Hello Dr

my 14 months baby girl has no teeth and I'm worried she's going to be 15 months next week.. :(
Poster
  • Female | 28 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

4 UpVoted this answer Louis B. Sachs, DDS Dentist, Solomons
I've been a Pediatric Dentist for well over two decades and the "Golden Rule' is not to worry or take any action, such as trying to get an x-ray and exposing yourself to even a digital x-ray, until 18 months of age. If no tooth erupts after 18 months, we begin to suspect possible missing teeth. Wait and let nature work it's wonders! I know it's like watching grass grow but be patient, just another few months!
Robert W. Frankel
3 UpVoted this answer
Our eruption charts are based on averages. Some children occupy the extremes of the chart and get teeth really early or really late. Its OK. Teeth are part of a very important developmental system in your body and if they were missing completely your child would have so many other problems you teeth would be pow on you list of priorities. That being said I saw a patient with 18 month old who had no teeth. We talked and within the next 4-5 months they all came in.......Ouch.
3 UpVoted this answer
Wait it out. See your Pedodontist for consultation and treatment.

These are very normal, they seem to have their own timetable on eruption and everyone is different. On a side note, the females tend to erupt sooner than the males, but not in your case.
Brian L. Kirkwood, DDS
2 UpVoted this answer
It is a little later than the average but it is most likely nothing to worry about. If your baby still has no teeth by the time she is 18 months old it would be time to see a dentist for an exam and possible x-ray. Good Luck
2 UpVoted this answer Daniel Barrientos, DDS Dentist, South Pasadena
Children's eruption times tend to be variable. Although, she may be on the later side of the spectrum, it's not altogether abnormal. Delayed eruption tends to run in families; did either you or your husband get your baby teeth late ? Either way , this would be an excellent time to schedule her first visit with a pediatric dentist.
Amisha V. Patel
1 UpVoted this answer
Average age of first tooth eruption is 5-7 mos old. Delays in tooth eruption even up to 18 mos old is rarely a serious concern in an otherwise healthy child with normal growth. Tooth eruption can be a variant of normal or can be related to numerous factors including premature birth, nutrition, system disorders, metabolic disease, etc. Tooth eruption delayed beyond 15-18 mos should be evaluated carefully by your child's pediatrician to rule out the possibility of secondary causes.
Chris L. Calendine
1 UpVoted this answer
She is several months late in getting any teeth and it merits professional evaluation. See you dentist.
1 UpVoted this answer
Babies develop differently. Yours may be on the slow side, but don't worry about it. You should probably be able to download an eruption chart fromwww.ada.org and you will see that eruption of teeth is a range of ages. I once saw a 22 month old that had no erupted teeth. But, I could feel and see bulges in the gums for them. About a month later the first one erupted (lower incisor) and within a few months, the baby had a mouthful. I have seen 9 year old children with either all baby teeth or all permanent teeth (except for wisom teeth). Even within families, the children will have different eruption patterns. My own kids were like that!
Louis B. Sachs
1 UpVoted this answer
Must have a check up (oral) immediately.
Faizul M. Kabir
Generally infants will start to get their first teeth at six months or so, but sometimes they come in much earlier and sometimes much later. It always seems if your child is late in anything, crawling, toilet training, etc... everyone you talk to has a child who is amazingly ahead of what is concerned normal. I wouldn't worry, most likely her teeth will erupt in the near future and all will be well. If for some reason the teeth have not erupted by two years of age you should consider taking her to a pediatric dentist who could take some radiographs to see if the teeth are present. Best of luck with the teething!