All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

About the mirena

I have the mirena for two years and I feel dizzy all day and sometimes I feel movement on my left side it hurts
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Medications: No
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Mirena side effects are certainly a concern, all drug and drug devices can have them. Dizziness is not a common side effect of mirena, pelvic pain and headache are more common. It can cause abdominal pain which maybe the discomfort you are feeling. More importantly, mirena iud devices can become infected and cause infection. Also, it can cause ovarian cyst which can lead to pain. I feel a good physical exam by a your provider or a OBGYN is a first step. A pelvic ultrasound may help in the workup. I would highly recommend that the mirena be removed/discontinued for the time being, until your symptoms resolve or the cause is clear ( in case the mirena is playing a role ). I hope this help.
If an examination reveals that these symptoms could be remedied by removal of Mirena, then

doing so would be best.
The mirena IUD has progesterone imbedded in it. although it is supposed to only have a local effect on the lining of the uterus, I have seen women with systemic effects from absorbing the progesterone into the blood stream. The abdomenal pain could be due to the IUD imbedding into the uterus wall or even beginning to perforate. You will need some blood tests to detrmine your hormone levels, a pelvic ultrasound and I would recommend removing the Mirena
It's safe to say while these new symptoms may be disturbing to you, they are not caused by your IUD. An exam by your Gyn to determine left sided pain is needed and by your PCP regarding your protracted dizziness.
If this is a new condition it is probably not related to your IUD. There are multiple causes for pain. Pain itself quite often causes dizziness. I agree with the previous answers and feel that you should have an exam by your GYN.
Jack Tubbs
You should see your doc and get an ultrasound for your pelvic pain. The ultrasound will determine if the IUD could

be causing your pain. Your symptoms could be entirely unrelated to your IUD.
Please see your GYN for a proper exam, you need to have a sono done for IUD position. Unlikely dizziness is related to Mirena, must exclude other causes.
You need to be checked out by gynecologist. Endometriosis , infections could be the cause and needs to be checked asap.

Az Tahir MD www.drtahirmd.com 1888 963 6033

Holistic Internal Medicine

Rochester & Syracuse NY

D
Az Tahir
Have you checked for the strings? or has your gyn checked the placement?
David Lang
This is not a commonly reported side effect. It is more likely some of your symptoms might be related to an ovarian cyst which is common with Mirena. You should see your provider for this