All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

My ears are blocked

I feel my ears like I just got out of the water
Poster
  • 38 years old
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Agree, that it could be ear wax in the ear canal or you may have fluid behind your ear drums. Increased risk if you a cotton swab user. Recommend a provider take a look in your ears.
Alan Bruns
Could be "Ear-wax" blockage; therefore see your Doctor for further examination, whereby a solution to your problem can be worked-out in your favor......Amen??!!!
You need to have your ears examined by a doctor. It may be as simple as earwax. If that is not the problem, the doctor can do further testing. She can also remove the earwax.
Margaret Rague
Ear infection, Sinus infection, allergies and other causes may be involved. Try an antihistamine/ decongested for a day or 2 if that does not work , seek medical attention. If you have fever , headache , stiff-neck seek medical attention sooner.
open your mouth wide to release the pressure to feel better. Will need to make sure that there is no inflammation in the ear. Patient needs to me monitored for Eustachian tube in the ear. Can start with primary care, but if does not get better will need to involve ENT physician.
Do you have other symptoms, such as pain in your ear, a recent upper respiratory infection, or allergies? Based on what preceded the symptom you are describing and a thorough exam, your doctor can determine what is going on. Most common cause can be an accumulation of ear wax in the external part of your ear or fluid retention behind your ear drum. If you suffer with allergies or have recently had an upper respiratory infection I would say the latter is a more likely cause.
Have you tried ear candles? This will often cleared the blocked ears. Make sure you have someone help you & follow the directions carefully. You can always try the other suggestions below.
You may have too much wax in your ears. Try over-the-counter Debrox ear drops.

If this is not the cause, your symptoms may be related to fluid backing up from your sinuses into the Eustachian tube.
The commonest cause of "blocked ears" is ear wax accumulation leading to impaction from improper use of Qtips. Called "impacted cerumen" this condition responds well to a wax softening treatment like Debrox or another ear wax remover and then irrigation and suction by an ENT or Family Practice doctor once the wax is soft.

After removal of the wax, Debrox can be used monthly and a hearing test should be performed to see if there is any hearing loss.
I'd recommend being seen. Could be otitis externa (swimmers ear), ear wax, or a middle ear infection among other possibilities.
Sumeet K. Goel