All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Skipping a period on a triphasic birth control, what's the best way to do this?

I have just completed week three of trisprintec, and I just now realized that I need to miss my period next week. I have two more months supply with me, and I've been on trisprintec for several years. I'm 18, in good health, and I do not smoke. I've been told to A) Skip to the next pack, B), take week three of the next pack then take the placebos, or C) take the next pack backwards.. what's the safest method? How long will it take my system to go back to normal afterwards?
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 7 days
  • Medications: trisprintec

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer
Skip the placebo, go directly to the next pack. It's variable but usually you will be back on schedule within 3-4 months.

One important caveat! Triphasic pills have variable amounts of hormone. If you want to skip a period, monophasic pills work much better and the chance of pregnancy is less than what you are going to do with triphasics. If you want to be safe, use an additional method of birth control whenever you do this.
Norm Dahm
2 UpVoted this answer
The best way to avoid breakthrough bleeding is to use a monophasic pill like ortho-novum 1/35 starting now to delay your menses another 3 weeks. If you want to use the Sprintec, the best plan is to start a new pack now, starting from the beginning, not the end of the pack.
2 UpVoted this answer
1. Skip the placebo and take the next pack

2. It may take about 3months to go back to normal fertility after you stopped your birth control; if that is what you have meant to ask.
Don Ha
2 UpVoted this answer
Skip the placebo week and start the next pack. The next cycle may have some spotting and the next placebo week may be a varied period from what you're used to.
Sumeet K. Goel
1 UpVoted this answer
The best way to accomplish this is eliminate the placebo pills and take the next pack. At the end of the next pack you will get a withdrawl bleed during the placebo week. Remember, there may be spotting during this next cycle. Even if you spot, keep taking the pills daily.