All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

vaginal pressure and some pain

Im not pregnant have had a historectemy 20 yrs ago. Its been going on all summer the pressure/pain is worst after I have a bowel movements which is 5/6 times a day and that usally a good day for me im married havent had sex in 2 months cause that causes more pain I told hubby feel s kind of like crowning when I was giving birth
Poster
  • 53 years old
  • Complaint duration: 71 days
  • Medications: Pepcid, Now xnanax
  • Conditions: Diseased Gallbladder and fatty Liver 20% Now Diagnose with Gilbert's Syndrome

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
First of all, having 5-6 bowel movements a day is definitely more than average. Have you ever seen the bristol stool scale? You should check it out and see where you lie: http://fitterlondon.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/bristol-stool-scale.jpg If your stool is too hard you could need more fiber in your diet. If your stool is too soft you could hav an issue with malabsorption. You may want to see a doctor who specializes in functional medicine to help you identify the source of your GI problem.

Second of all, I wonder if you had your ovaries removed when you had your hystorectomy. I'm guessing you didn't. You're around the age where you would expect to start experiencing menopausal symptoms. You could be experiencing some vaginal atrophy which is making sex uncomfortable (hence the feeling of crowning). For women hormone replacement therapy can help improve symptoms of vaginal atrophy and make sex more enjoyable. But, the first thing you should do about this is see your gynecologist to have an exam and see what is going on. They should be able to help you with this.
This problem is seen frequently and your doctor will determine which pelvic structural issues or other pathology caused these symptoms and treat them effectively.
I tend to agree with Dr. Maloof regarding frequency of bowel movements; also I would also like to rule out vestibulitis caused by herpes, severe candidiasis, group B Strep or vulvo-vaginal atrophy. Once these are evaluated and ruled out and if physical examination confirm vaginal prolapse, then surgical intervention is, in my opinion the best approach. If surgical intervention is medically contraindicated, a pessary may then be used.
Gabriel G. Hakim
Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse can often complain of these symptoms. If this is the cause of your complaint, the support defect leading to your complaint may be a reflection of either a Cystocele (dropped bladder), Rectocele (a weakness in the wall that separates the vagina from the rectum), or an enterocele (a defect in the apical closure of the vagina, from your hysterectomy). The only way to be certain of the true etiology of your symptoms is to be seen and examined by a qualified Gynecologist who has a particular interest in the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions, such as myself.

Best wishes,

Gary Ott, MD
Gary Ott
Your probably have a rectocele, or bulge from your rectum

into your vagina.
You have a rectocoele
David Lang