All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Pelvic pressure

After having a CT with contrast a week ago I am still experiencing vaginal pressure all of the time also when I urinate and the feeling of needing to urinate most of the time. This is totally strange since I have had multiple scans with contrast most with MRI's
Poster
  • Female | 56 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
A simple office pelvic exam will identify the reason for this and help treat it effectively.
Please see GYN and GI doctors, but assuming you have done this and our under their care consider asking them if perhaps this is just constipation

Evidence would be:

-Would a prep used for the colonoscopy temporarily fix the problem?

If so, consider starting with a clean-out like you have for the colonoscopies- or if you are not willing to do this start with at least 2 doses of Miralax per day. This should soften the stool. If not so then the Miralax dose should be adjusted in about 25% intervals every few days to achieve 2-3 soft BM's every day. Keep this up for at least a couple of months if not longer to let the colon return to its normal shape and elasticity-think about this like how long it takes for a body to bounce back after having a baby...
Israel Kochin
This may be as simple as a urinary tract infection. I would see your doctor and do a urinalysis first. If the CT scan shows nothing abnormal this may also be related to pelvic organ prolapse
Kianoush Khaghany
It sounds like you may have a urinary tract infection and it is probably unrelated to the CT scan you had. Either way you should see your health care provider for a urine test and evaluation.
Mitchell S. Kramer
What was the original reason for the CT scan? What were the results.

Contact your physician and start of with a urinalysis.
Carlos I. Gabriel
Most CT scan with contrast is actually radiated iodine

You MUST have a blood test to determine your kidney function PRIOR to any CT scan with contrast

If you have not done that blood test, please do that ASAP.
Don Ha