All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

menstrual cycle

My last few periods have been Brown, but this time I've been bleeding almost a month but the blood isn't red and really not even a liquid, it looks like black chunks and I'm cramping with it, I don't know what to do, can someone please explain?
Poster
  • Female | 29 years old
  • Complaint duration: 25 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
ok...we need to give you some progesterone cream or pills as its levels could have dropped
DR. ZAAR
Dark blood is so, due to flowing slowly. This means that the uterine lining (endometrium),

is shedding very slightly, due to inadequate hormonal level. It can be easily remedied with

treatment.
There can be a number of different causes for what you are experiencing including infection, hormonal disturbances, uterine abnormalities. It would be prudent to seek evaluation from you GYN doctor or provider to have a physical exam and have blood tests and a pelvic ultrasound ordered.
Mitchell S. Kramer
There are many factors that lead to irregular bleeding, the most common being hormonal changes. Sometimes this is caused by weight gain, other times by diabetes.

There are also anatomical causes such as fibroids and polyps that can cause change in cycles. Lastly, the lining of the uterus can have infection, precancer, or cancer (although unlikely at your age).

See your doctor for a thorough history and exam and possible ultrasound and biopsy. Idiot at your age, ask that is required is a pregnancy test and a 3 month trial of birth control pills to regulate your cycle.
Carlos I. Gabriel