All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

can i get pregnant

I am 50 my tubes been tied for 12years I have a cycle every 4 months and I have strong organism can I get pregnant
Poster
  • Female | 50 years old
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Given your age and the fact that you have had a tubal ligation your chance is very small much less than the 8:10000 risk of a tubal failure. Is it possible with IVF, yes but not advised based on the risk of chromosomal anomalies.
Kianoush Khaghany
1 UpVoted this answer
The fact that you have tied your tubes allows you to be confident that you will not get pregnant. Remember though, that the failure rate of a risk actually increases as time goes on. The fact that you are having a cycle only once every four months, greatly reduced this risk.
Carlos I. Gabriel
here is the issue with late life pregnancies: the liklihood of abnormalities in such births go up.....I dont think thete is any harm in trying but the succeas ratio diminishes with age...
DR. ZAAR
Less than 1 in 1000 patients with tubal ligation get pregnant. The most important thing for you to do is make sure you know exactly when your period has stopped for at least one year. Then if you bleed again you must be checked for endometrial cancer.
Norm Dahm
Women rarely get pregnant at age 50, but it does happen.

You have have little cause for worry since you have had a tubal ligation. You should not be concerned unless you have symptoms of pregnancy in which case you should get a pregnancy test.
While very few things are impossible, it is unlikely that you could get pregnant without fairly extensive infertility treatment.
Dwight Hooper
Very unlikely
David Lang
Highly unlikely with tubal ligation and now that your peri-menopausal.
need to see your hormone levels

with your history, pregnancy unlikely but not absolute until you are truly post-menopausal
Michael Birnbaum
The fact that you have had your tubes tied and you are considered advanced maternal age for a pregnancy it is most likely 100% that you would not be able to achieve conception.