All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Wheel filling

I got three wheel filling because I got cavities. i already have 15 days with the fillings but they still hurt every time i eat something cold,is this normal?
Poster
  • Female | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 15 days
  • Medications: none
  • Conditions: no

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "wheel fillings." Sometimes cold sensitivity can happen under normal conditions. It's not uncommon for a tooth to be sensitive for awhile after fillings. You should see improvement in time. If you have not seen improvement, you should go visit your dentist again. The most simple thing is that the fillings are a bit too high and the cold sensitivity is from trauma from hitting those teeth more than the others. If the sensitivity is getting worse or if the tooth starts hurting on it's own, you may need additional treatment. The bottom line is that if your symptoms are slowly improving, they will most likely resolve without any problems, but if they are them same or getting worse, you should return to your dentist.
1 UpVoted this answer Louis B. Sachs, DDS Dentist, Solomons
Normally wheels are done in pairs, since you have an odd number, you may have a rare can-am filling! You should call your DDS and be re-evaluated
Mark F. Stabley
Any filling that is cold sensitive immediately after or soon after treatment might be high in the bite, open at the margin (where the filling meets the tooth) or on its way to a toothache (especially if the pain lingers after you remove the cold stimulus.) See your dentist for a diagnosis and relief.
Most shallow filings do not cause sensitivity to cold. Moderate and deep filings can cause sensitivity too cold and even chewing. Depending on how deep the feelings were, that should give us an idea if your sensitivity is just temporary or if it will be prolonged and need additional treatment. After waiting a month, I would have the dentist reevaluate your sensitivity
James P. Tasto
depending on far into the root of tooth the filling is could create this kind of cold sensitivity. It usually improves with time. A deeper filling is more sensitive this way. If it does not get better in another couple weeks go back and let the dentist do further investigation.
Richard Deppe
If the pain is gradually reducing , it may disappear in few weeks but the smart thing would be

to go back to the Dentist and check the bite first and evaluate for redo the filling with proper liner.
Binod K. Verma
You should contact your dentist that performed this procedure and have them check all contacts.
Aleksandr Dadashyan
That's a great question. New fillings can be sensitive for a while depending on area of the tooth treated and the size of the filling. As you are now two weeks after placement I would expect them to be improving. If they are not showing improvement, I would recommend a check with your dentist. It could be as simple as the new filling needing adjustment. I like to say fillings are not like a new pair of shoes, they will not get better as you wear them in.
Lisa M. Murray
it may be still normal to feel more sensitivity to temperature after new fillings are placed , it should be decreasing over period up to 6 month. if sensitivity is increasing patient may require additional treatment after evaluation by dentist or endodontist
Leo Yudkin
There can be some sensitivity following new fillings, especially if there was deep or extensive decay. The most common reason for sensitivity is that your bite is off and needs adjustment. See your dentist asap and have this checked out.

What do you mean by "wheel" fillings? This is not a common terminology.