All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

passed out

Im 4 months pregnant and I passed out and fell down I could see and felt like I was partially conscious, although I could only hear myself breathing and could not move my body.. should I go to the hospital could this be serious
Poster
  • Female | 21 years old
  • Medications: na
  • Conditions: na

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
There are many cardiac conditions that can account for what has occured. A visit to the ER is wise to rule out any acute conditions or complications from the fall.

You will most likely need to see a cardiologist. A simple EKG can rule out some common cardiac complications, but they may also recommend a prolonged, home monitoring to rule out some common arrhythmias that occur in young pregnant women that are easilly treated with medications.
Carlos I. Gabriel
You should call your doctor and go to the hospital.
Nicole J. Nguyen
Yes, this could be serious ... you need a thorough examination to determine the cause of your syncopal event .. you could be putting your pregnancy at risk also.
John F. Bragan
Yes, you should go to the hospital. This can happen for many reasons but we would want to make sure you aren't anemic (low blood count), check on the baby, your blood sugar, and your electrolytes. Sometimes we check your heart with an EKG. You didn't say if you hit your head after you fell down, but if you did sometimes a CT scan of your head is indicated. Honestly, most of the time this happens after you rise too quickly. Your body and brain is used to a certain amount of blood flow and when you are pregnant, some of that blood is shunted to the baby. Gravity adds to this and you get a decreased amount of blood to your brain and that causes you to pass out.
Charles B. Palmer
Usually, medical issues with pregnant patients is in the realm of an Obstetritian. Having said that, the answer to your question is YES, get evaluated to see why you passed out. In addition to all the reasons specific to pregnancy causing syncope, there are a whole lot of reasons not related to pregnancy which may have caused you to pass out.

Carey M Delcau, MD, FAAFP
Carey M Delcau
There could be several reasons (both serious and not so serious). I totally agree with Dr. Mirabile. Call your OB or go to a near by ER.
Jamil Hussain
You need to immediately contact your OB GYN and be seen for evaluation.
Yes, this is called Syncope/Pre-Syncope and needs a hospitla work up to make sure nothing serious is going on.
Aspen Hills Associates
Fainting occurs more commonly in pregnancy because of hormone changes. You should be extra careful to avoid

skipping meals. Always drink plenty of liquid. You need salt in pregnancy so feel free to salt your food. Be careful

to get up slowly, and be aware that fainting is more common during a hot shower, and when you empty you bladder. And of course, check with your doctor to make sure there not a medical condition adding to your tendency to faint in pregnancy.