All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

<5 HCG levels ... still worried that I'm pregnant

I had my last period on 7/3 and it lasted about 48 hrs. The last time I had unprotected sex was also on 7/3 (he pulled out, still bad...i know) I have had 7 negative HPTs AND a blood test yesterday (8/8) that was negative ( >5 hcg ). I am late for my period but it may be because I stopped and started BC mid pack (7/6 - 7/20). I have had cramps for 10 days but no period. Is there any chance hcg isn't showing up yet (5 weeks after sex) and i'm pregnant. I read online that it can happen. :(
Poster
  • Female | 35 years old
  • Complaint duration: 20 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 63
  • Weight: 115lbs
  • Medications: was on Macrobid for a week July 17th - July 22nd
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer
Serum (or blood) HCG is a very sensitive test and it turns positive within one and a half to two weeks from ovulation. It would definitely be positive by now (5 weeks after you last had sex) if you were pregnant.
Souhail Asfouri
2 UpVoted this answer
If you quantitative hCG (blood test) is >5 you aren't pregnant. A urine test will show up positive at about the equivalent of a blood test level of 100 (varies by brand). Blood test is much more specific. Don't worry. You aren't pregnant.
Charles B. Palmer
1 UpVoted this answer
Your blood test proves you are not pregnant, if the lab didn't make a mistake. You could

take a urine pregnancy test just to make sure. See your doc about a good birth control method that works for you.
1 UpVoted this answer
Home pregnancy tests are sensitivity to approximately 35IU HCG and serum blood tests to approximately 5IU. If your last unprotected intercourse was on 7/3, and you ovulated leading to conception on or about this day, your pregnancy test should have started testing positive on or about the 14 of July. Although statistically possible that you could test negative over a month later, this is almost impossible. Therefore, you are not pregnant. The probable reason why your period has not come in because you have started BC which may allow you to completely skip periods even though you are not pregnant.
Julio C. Novoa
1 UpVoted this answer
This does not make sense. You could have started birth control at the beginning of a pack three days after your period started (7 / 3 / 2014). If you intended to use birth control as "morning after pill" you should have started 7 / 3 or 7/ 4 and taken well more than one pill per day. If the only coitus was on 7 / 3 / 2014 (no other unprotected episodes) and your test is negative 8 / 8 (negative is less than 5 mIU/ml) you are not pregnant from that episode. You should start birth control on day 1 of the next cycle and stay on it. Lot's of positive benefits from birth control, especially not worrying. Good Luck!!
Richard Demir
1 UpVoted this answer
Highly unlikely!!
Dwight Hooper
u r NOT pregnant
DR. ZAAR
You are not pregnant
David Lang
It's unlikely you're pregnant. Pregnancy occurs at time of Ovulation which is 14 days before you're period. Also considering the number of negative pregnancy tests, you can rule it out.
Carlos I. Gabriel