All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Staph/MRSA/

I'm being treated for MRSA my left testicle still has considerable swelling..

My question is:

I so desire to masturbate & ejackulate can I do this without causing more problems to already swollen scrotum ?
Poster
  • Male | 54 years old
  • Complaint duration: 16 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 66
  • Weight: 187lbs
  • Medications: Vancomycin infusion @ home
  • Conditions: Asthma-depression-anxiety-ADD----> staph/mrsa
  • Hospitalizations: 7/5 to 7/11

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
If you are being treated for MRSA and your physician feels you are responding appropriately, there should be no danger or risk associated with masturbation, though it would probably be wise to consult with him first. Obviously, if you find you are worse afterward, you should discontinue this and see your physician immediately.
The Barron Centers
While it may be uncomfortable masturbation and ejaculation shouldn't necessarily make the problem worse. I anticipate the fluid will not fully resolve and in a few months the fluid could be removed surgically by your urologist with a procedure in the operating room known as a hydrocelectomy.
Aaron Grotas
Perfectly safe!
Bernard Strauss
My testicle was aspirated via ulra sound, there was no puss, my urologist said if there were puss he would have incised & drain, because there wasn't any yuck he doesn't want to incise that could cause more infec & possible lose testicle...
Poster
The doctors did aspirate the left scrotum as much as possible & sent out for testing, I guess it's all good based on my condition & release from hospital...

The scrotum was much bigger.
Poster
MRSA is a more difficult skin infection to rid of because of its resistance to methicillin and it can take a longer time to get rid of than other infections without that resistance, at least from what I have seen clinically. This is an impressive amount of swelling in your scrotal area--I am unsure why the area was not incised and drained by your provider who is treating you.

I would tell you to return to your provider and have that area drained to reduce that swelling, and if you were my pt, I would advise you to NOT manipulate this area with any activity until you have completely healed. MRSA is spread via skin to skin contact, so you could easily infect other ares of your body or someone else by manipulating this area physically. I just do not think it is wise to mess around with this infection while your are actively inflamed and I would advise you to not do so. Good luck!