All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Dropped stomach

- "I am going into my 33rd week on my second child and I've dropped dramatically where I am very uncomfortable. In your expert opinion how long do I have to give birth from this point?
Poster
  • Female | 36 years old
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: Gestational diabetes

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

It is impossible to accurately predict especially without knowing more information including your history. I would suggest that you be evaluated by your obstetrician. However, assuming you went to term previously and have no significant problems, I'd agree that you should expect to go to term.
Realistically term pregnancy is 40 weeks. Dropping down is the babies head dropping. Not necessarily initiation of labor.

Recommendation:

Keep well hydrated and follow up with your Obstetrician.
Darush L. Mohyi
There is no sign of predicting when you will go into labor.
Eric S. Colton
There is no way to predict when you will go in to labor based on these symptoms. This sense of dropping is very common at this stage in your pregnancy especially being that it is your second pregnancy. These types of symptoms come on earlier in pregnancy and are more exaggerated with each subsequent pregnancy..
Mitchell S. Kramer
barring any unforeseen circumstances, there is no reason why you should not go to term
Michael Birnbaum
Dropping or more adequately having the baby drop into the pelvic does not mean you will go into labor soon. It implies a good fit between you and your baby and a higher success rate for vaginal birth. As previously posted you probably will deliver within 2 weeks of your due date
It depends upon what you mean by "very uncomfortable". If you are having periodic discomfort associated with firming of your uterus, which lasts from 40 to 60 seconds occurring at a frequency of more that 2 in a half hour you may be at serious risk of premature delivery. You should check with your doctor soon in any case for an exam and possible monitoring for contractions.
Unless you have some other risk factor, you can expect to go into labor within 2 weeks of your Due Date. Good luck.
Eric Tabas