All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What is used to treat genital warts?

The first one flared up 4 years ago and I had a flare up a month ago.I am 67 and I know I contracted this from my estranged husband.
Poster
  • Medications: Rhythmol,lipitor,prozac,tramadol.I have fibromyalgia.

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
If your Doctor has examined these warts and has biopsied them to ensure that they are not pre-cancer/cancer, there are solutions that may be applied to treat the growths. Laser for extensive lesiions or excision are also options depending on the circumstances.
Jack Tubbs
There are several different treatments depending on where they are and how large they are. That being said, there are 3 categories of therapy: 1.Various medications; 2. Freezing or fulgeration; 3. Surgical excision
Norm Dahm
First of all, at 67 years of age it is important that any vulvar growths are not just "treated" but removed and sent to the pathologist to make sure there is no pre-cancer or cancer. Excision is also often the best treatment too. Please go the your doc and get the wart tissue analyzed to make sure it has not progressed to

a skin cancer.
There are different treatments including creams (Aldara), TCA treatment, Cryoablation, and laser/surgical removal. Many are able to be done in the office setting depending on the extent of an outbreak. Also make sure if you have any other chronic medical problems that can affect your immune system that they are controlled because that can trigger and outbreak.
Charles B. Palmer
If you are in the St. Louis area I would be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you. My office phone number is 314–9 93–6401. Ask to schedule an appointment with Dr. Eric Colton. We are able to see patients usually within 24-48 hours of your phone call. We accept most insurance plans as well.
Eric S. Colton
There are several treatment options to eradicate the actual wart. These are office-based medications to prescription medications to even surgical procedures depending on the extent of the growths, location, and after reviewing risks, benefits, treatment duration and assessing the patient's individual history as well.
Eric S. Colton
Please contact the office to schedule an appointment.
Mark T. Purvis