Request Appointment

Instant Message

500 characters remaining Average Response Time: Very Good

If your dental crown is sensitive to cold or heat temperature, you might be needing a root canal treatment, specially if the bite was adjusted couple of times. Your best bet is to see an Endodontist ( dentist who specialize in root canal) as soon as possible. We usually do not prescribe antibiotics for pain, unless there is clear infection, from the way you described your temperature sensitivity, it is most likely you have nerve inflammation, in which you must see the specialist dentist as soon as possible. In order to do the root canal, a hole must be drilled through the crown to get to the nerve, after completion of the root canal, depending on your cosmetic needs, you can either bond the top of the hole with tooth colored material, or if you do not like the patch work, unfortunately get a new crown.
Best of luck.

Anthony A Mobasser