Q & A with Dr. Jacques Doueck
Q: What got you into this specific practice of dentistry?
A: I have always been interested in technology. The lightning speed that dental technology is growing has been a perfect opportunity for me to provide my patients with state-of-the-art dentistry, such as lasers for cavities and to avoid gum surgery; diagnostic lasers; high power magnification for caps and fillings that have a perfect fit; Ozone to avoid root canals; 5-second canker sore treatments that fix the painful canker sores in one painless visit; computerized bite analysis to help people that suffer from headaches due to clenching their teeth; One-visit CAD/CAM ceramic inlays and crowns that eliminate the need to take impressions and send them to the lab and wait two weeks; Computer imaging so the patient can see what they will look like with a new smile in less than 60 seconds; oxygen treatment for bad breath. And more keeps coming.
Q: What landed you in your city, and what is it that you like about the neighborhood?
A: I have been living within a 10-block radius of my office since I was 3 years old. It is great to walk down the street and pass the same school where I went to kindergarten, walk the sidewalks where we used to play, and greet friends that I have known since I was a child.
Q: Where did you receive your Undergraduate degree, your Professional degree, and did you participate in any Residency program?
A: Brooklyn College for my bachelor's in Biology, SUNY at Buffalo for dental school, and I completed a 1-year post graduate course in fixed and removable
prosthodontics at NYU.
Q: What are the most challenging parts of your every day practice?
A: Helping patients that are fearful of dentistry, shots, the drill and pain. It is so fulfilling to be able to show fearful people lasers, The Wand single-tooth anesthesia, Ozone, and CEREC one-visit inlays as the conservative alternative to crowns (caps).
Q: How many years have you been in practice and what are your office hours?
A: I have been in practice since 1977. During the winter months we are open 6 days a week. Mon 8-5, Tue 8-5, Wed 11-5, Thur 8-8, Fri 8-1, Sun 8-2. Summer we are closed Fridays and Sundays (dentists need to play too).
Q: What insurance does your practice accept?
A: We work with most insurances and we offer a Free Benefits check (We will call your insurance company directly and help maximize your insurance benefits).
Q: What investments in your practice equipment and facilities have you made?
- CEREC CAD/CAM one-visit crowns and inlays;
- Lime Technology CMU3 and Longevity Ozone generators - to avoid root canals by eliminating bacteria;
- Diagnodent diagnostic laser;
- Waterlase and Lares AT Lasers - to treat cavities without drilling and without shots;
- Ivoclar Odessey laser - for treating gum disease and avoiding gum surgery;
- Snap Cosmetic imaging software - allows patients to visualize in 60 seconds what new laminates, bonding, or other cosmetic procedure could do for them;
- Dexis, Kodak, Schick Digital X-rays - 90% less radiation with more accuracy;
- Panoral Digital Panorex - allows us to see beyond what routine X-rays can show us with minimal radiation - because it’s digital;
- T-Scan - computerized bite analysis - allows us to measure your bite with the greatest accuracy. This helps patients with headaches by finding the teeth that don’t mesh properly;
- Shade-Rite Computerized shade matching - for an accurate shade on your new porcelain laminates, caps or even bonded fillings;
- High-magnification IntraOral Camera - allows us to find cracks and areas of decay that we might have missed.
Q: What procedures do you feel your practice excels in above others?
A: We pride ourselves on helping patients avoid root canals and preserve their healthy tooth structure. We use biomimetic dentistry. This is dentistry that mimics nature. Much of the time and money spent doing dentistry is re-doing dentistry. Biomimetic dentistry stops this dental cycle. We don’t grind the tooth; we have been trained and we have the technology, the materials and most importantly - the commitment to save tooth structure and stop the cycle. We do this by using lasers to treat cavities, CEREC to restore larger cavities or broken teeth - without cutting them down to little stumps for crowns. And Ozone to disinfect and avoid root canals.
Q: What are the best moments that make it worth it?
A: The greatest thrill is helping patients save their teeth and avoid root canals.