I am a 56 year old female (mostly healthy) who has developed a need to urinate more at night. After I empty my bladder I notice this minor pain that stays with me until I fall asleep again or an hour after wards if I stay up. I have no other pain or burning sensations. I have no leaks nor UTI. The pain feels like it is the bladder that is somewhat painful and I think it is telling me something. what do you think?
1. Do not take rice, bread or other starch foods if it happens to be a dinner after 7.00 PM. Try to take your dinner ( last meal of the day) before 7 PM. This gives you at least 3 hours before you go to bed. Chew your food thoroughly before you swallow every morsel.
2. Sit in a bath tub across the width of the tub, resting your back against the wall and resting your feet on the other side of the length. Fill up water up to your naval and keep sitting for 20 to 30 minutes followed with a full shower, wetting the head also.
3. Daily practice deep breathing exercise (Pranayama). Each unit of breath has 4 parts to be done very slowly, softly and as much prolonged duration as possible. Repeat this for 15 times each day.
4. Expose your pelvic region (bladder) to direct sunlight (in the privacy of your room where Sunlight comes in .
5. Keep a wet towel over the bladder area for 10 minutes.
Keep a log for every day and make sure that the chart is regularly and check that you have followed it sincerely.